Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KenJ 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/04/15 05:27 AM
What section of the city, like the Bronx or Brooklyn in New York, is 348 Hyperion located in?
Posted By: Artemis Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/04/15 07:09 PM
Hi Ken:
This from wikipedia:
There are many brownstones throughout numerous New York City neighborhoods, especially in the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Park Slope, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, Cobble Hill, Prospect Heights, Brooklyn Heights, Bedford Stuyvesant, Sunset Park and Bay Ridge The Manhattan neighborhood of the Upper West Side, too, retains many brownstones. New York City brownstones are highly desired, and usually cost several million dollars to purchase.
My pick would be the Upper West Side. The impression I got from the show was that the brownstone was about 100 years old (so ghosts lived there) and was not attached to the adjacent houses and had a small back yard. Most brownstones in New York are attached and comprise a whole block. I get the impression that Metropolis is a little less intense and pack city than New York.
Hope this helps.
r/
Artemis
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/04/15 07:23 PM
Except that Lois and Clark live in Metropolis, not New York. I believe Ken was wondering what the neighborhood in Metropolis was called. Is it ever referred to directly in the series? It might have been referred to during Ghost or when Jimmy mentioned he pizza route in Brutal Youth. Anyone seen either of those recently?
Posted By: KenJ Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/04/15 08:33 PM
I'll have to check that episode and also Brutal Youth
Posted By: Artemis Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/05/15 01:15 AM
Yeah, I understood that. Try "Sex, Lies and Videotapes" too. It might have been mentioned there, but I think it was never named, just described.
r/
Artemis
Posted By: Artemis Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/05/15 10:22 PM
I've been searching and the Brownstone area was never named in any ep. They usually just called it "Townhouse". If you want to see what the exterior looked like, go to the the Warner Bros. tour website. Look for the "Brownstones". That is what was used for the exteriors in Lois and Clark.
r/
Artemis
Posted By: KenJ Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/16/15 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the help on this.

It sure looks like I have the freedom to create a name.
Posted By: Morgana Re: 348 Hyperion Ave - 02/25/15 08:31 PM
I went through the same thing while working on Stranger in Our Midst and when nothing turned up I named the section of town where they reside as Nayland Heights.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards