Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mouserocks Lois and Lucy - 04/03/12 03:40 AM
Age difference between Lois and Lucy? I want to say about three years, but Lucy always acted so much younger, I just don't know. And I'm too tired and overbooked to do the research myself. So, the next best source... wink
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/03/12 04:11 AM
Hi Mouserocks,

I had asked that same question here some time back when I was working on my story "Full Partners." The bottom line of that thread was that the age difference had not been specified on the show, so you can do what you wish with it. All we know is that Lois is sufficiently older than Lucy that she was able to take care of her sister when neither of their parents were doing so.

Joy,
Lynn

edit: If you are interested, this is the thread I was referring to.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/03/12 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info, Lynn!
Posted By: carolm Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/03/12 03:33 PM
Lois was 26 in the pilot and Jimmy [who was 20ish if you look at the ep with the rash on his arm - it's been a LONG time but we've discussed it before...] wanted to ask her our. They seemed to be about the same age to me.

That said, I've written her about 2 years younger and about 6 years younger... You can get away with either...

Carol
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/04/12 01:53 AM
Originally posted by carolm:
Lois was 26 in the pilot and Jimmy [who was 20ish if you look at the ep with the rash on his arm - it's been a LONG time but we've discussed it before...] wanted to ask her our. They seemed to be about the same age to me.

That said, I've written her about 2 years younger and about 6 years younger... You can get away with either...

Carol
Thanks, Carol! I agree that Jimmy and Lucy are about the same age, but you never know. huh
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/04/12 05:53 AM
I have a related question I'm too lazy to look up myself. I've seen a few stories where Lois addresses Lucy by the nickname "Punky." I've used it myself, and I know I didn't come up with it. Can anyone tell me if this nickname is canon, fanon, or just a convenient way to show their close relationship?
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/04/12 06:43 AM
Elizabeth Barondes, who played the first season Lucy Lane, was born in 1964, so she was the same age as Teri. Too old to play Lucy.

Roxana Zal, who played the second season Lucy Lane, was born in 1969, so she was five years younger than Lois.

In my opinion, the actress from the second season was the best Lucy Lane from the series.

Andreia
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/05/12 02:55 AM
I think you can suit yourself really.

In the Supergirl movie Lucy is in school with Linda, and supposed to be about 16 I think, when Lois and Clark are already working together.

In comics she was usually shown as just a little younger than Lois and in moderately responsible jobs - air hostess, later air traffic controller - and sometimes linked romantically with Jimmy Olsen.

The L&C version seems to be about five years younger, but that would still make her 20+ since Lois has been a journalist at least six or seven years.
Posted By: KenJ Re: Lois and Lucy - 04/05/12 04:23 PM
She seemed to be between 4 and 6 years younger. I have chosen to use 4 years in my series.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards