Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat Archive: January Submissions - 12/06/11 01:24 PM
Yes, it's that time of year again! As many of you know, we aim (and usually succeed thanks to our wonderful GEs and Lauren) to clear our current upload queue by the end of the year.

So we need authors to submit stories now that we can get edited and into the queue to hold over for upload in January/February. If you don't mind waiting a month and it's not important that you get your story uploaded by year end, please do help us make sure that there are uploads to start 2012 and send in those stories now.

Thanks.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/06/11 04:44 PM
Well, I may have only found this place in May, but I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Labby, all the GEs and Lauren for running the archive. You guys rock! party
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/06/11 07:54 PM
Thank you, DC!

I just want to clarify something from my earlier post. Whether your story is uploaded to the Archive before December 31st or after, will make no difference at all to it being eligible for the Kerths.

Your story will be eligible so long as it was posted complete here on the mbs or elsewhere on the net during 2011 up to and including December 31st 2011.

The only difference would be that if it's uploaded to the Archive before December 31st 2011, it will be added automatically to 2012's Kerth Eligibles List. If it's uploaded after that date, you'll have to drop K-Comm an email letting them know you want it included. But it would be eligible either way.

LabRat smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/06/11 09:28 PM
LabRat, Thank you for the clarification. Does that mean you don't want both GEM and ML before the New Year? laugh Just joking. Will get them to you when I can.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/16/11 10:56 PM
Originally posted by LabRat:
So we need authors to submit stories now that we can get edited and into the queue to hold over for upload in January/February.
I don't think I'll have ML ready by month's end. Does this mean that you don't take submissions to the Archives in Jan / Feb due to heavy year-end submissions or did I read this wrong?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/17/11 04:46 AM
Absolutely not. Submissions are welcome all year round. Historically, submissions for January/February are light to non-existent and unless we ask authors who have previously submitted stories in November/December with the expectation they will be uploaded by year end to let us hold them over and upload in January/February instead, we would have no uploads in those months.

But if we actually get submissions in these months, obviously, that's a bonus! And, indeed, if we don't get submissions in January/February, then we're unlikely to have anything to upload going into March.

LabRat smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/17/11 12:11 PM
Originally posted by LabRat:
But if we actually get submissions in these months, obviously, that's a bonus! And, indeed, if we don't get submissions in January/February, then we're unlikely to have anything to upload going into March.

LabRat smile
Well, you'll get at least 2 stories from me in those two months. And if people want to read something new from other authors in those months, they better get their acts together and submit. laugh
Posted By: Dandello Re: Archive: January Submissions - 12/23/11 08:48 AM
Hey, I remembered to submit the two stories I forgot to send in. party
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards