Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VisionGirl Looking For a Fic - 07/09/11 10:41 PM
Hey Guys!

I had one of those moments today where I remembered tiny fragments of a story I read god-knows-when and then desperately wanted to remember what it was.

The things I remember: It's a time travel story - Lois goes back in time - into her younger self. She suffers from blackouts. At one point she assumes her younger self has a gambling problem? But I think she's like using the money for her grandmother. Younger Lois starts dating Young Clark - and he's pissed when old Lois "shows up" (takes over her consciousness).

That's all I got.

Thanks!
Posted By: sarahg Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/10/11 01:16 AM
sounds like it could be "Time and Again" by Shayne Terry...
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/10/11 08:51 PM
Yep, it's definitely Shayne Terry's "Time And Again" . Another excellent fic from Shayne, who always has the most original ideas.
Posted By: VisionGirl Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/11/11 05:42 PM
Yes! Thanks!

Such a great story. This time I bookmarked it.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/12/11 01:08 PM
Hmmm maybe its time to read Terry's work?
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/12/11 03:24 PM
Yes, you should, Morgana! Especially Veritas . It's a must read!!
Posted By: bellarase Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/18/11 10:11 PM
Veritas is amazing!! And so is Strong. OMG the way the Buffyverse and L&C were blended together so seamlessly gave me goosebumps while I was reading it.

I could go on and on smile I might need to go reread Veritas again - love that fic!
Posted By: BJ Re: Looking For a Fic - 07/19/11 05:46 AM
Hmmm maybe its time to read Terry's work?
I second Mozartmaid's recommendation. Shayne's work is outstanding.

I think all of his work is great, but his elseworld's and alt-stories are some of my favorites. Bellarose already mentioned Strong, which is excellent, but he has a lot of great stories on the archives. Give yourself some time before starting his longer stories -- you won't want to stop reading once you begin.

Duet is a fascinating elseworld
Fugue and Fugue II: Fusion is an awesome Alt-Clark tale.
Family Hour A fabulous 'what if'
Single White Kryptonian is an interesting alt-beginning

And then there are his shorter gems, that usually leave me laughing, crying, or with a WaFFy glow, like:

Orphan Dreams /lip wibbles
Control thumbsup
or
Gossip rotflol

There are a lot more. And before I end up giving the individual URLs to all of his stories, I should probably just link to his section of the archive. Shayne Terry .

Go. Read. Enjoy!
B
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards