Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Shallowford looking for a fic 145 - 11/15/10 12:35 PM
I hate doing it but I I have to ask for help. I’m looking for a story that I read about 6 months ago—I can’t find it in the What’s New list and my searches are coming up with nada. Elements that I remember (without giving everything away to someonw who hasn’t read it) are:

• Clark and Lana are in love (engaged?) and enrolling at Met U.
• Lois mistakenly is assigned to be Clark’s roommate (i.e. Louis Lane).
• Clark saves Lois from being raped at a frat party after she is drugged.
• Lois saves Clark by dragging him to her father’s “cabin” after he is exposed to kryptonite and they are caught in a snowstorm.
• Mindy is dating Sam Lane, who is very wealthy from his medical inventions.
• Lois and Clark follow Mindy and end up on a plane running guns.
• When Lois is discovered, the dictator taking the gun delivery decides that she would make a good XXth wife.
• To save her, Clark announces that they’re engaged. To leave the country, Lois and Clark have to get married.
• Lana freaks out.
• Lois and Clark have a baby that has “failure to thrive”.

I think I remember the author was from Missouri.

Not a fluffy, happy story in parts, but I really enjoyed it overall. I appreciate your help in advance.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: looking for a fic 145 - 11/15/10 01:07 PM
Hi!
You had me at
Clark and Lana are in love (engaged?) and enrolling at Met U.
That's CarolM's On The Other Hand . It's from last year, so that explains the What's New list.

Michael
Posted By: Shallowford Re: looking for a fic 145 - 11/15/10 02:45 PM
Awesome!! I've been wanting to re-read it but every time I do a search I either get 400 entries or none.

Thank you. My (remaining) hair will stay intact now.
Posted By: carolm Re: looking for a fic 145 - 11/15/10 04:42 PM
SQUEEE!

I'm so glad you liked it! And you remembered it so well!

I've got it open on my iphone and am rereading it as I can. I'm glad someone else wants to too smile .

Carol
Posted By: Tasadi Re: looking for a fic 145 - 11/16/10 05:02 AM
The good thing about the "looking for a fic" threads is that you get fics that people want to read again, and a little info on the fic.
The bad thing is that i have more fics in my "to read" directory than I can read in about a year... not that I'm complaining wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards