Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: fairie Just wanted to say.. - 09/03/10 07:04 AM
(I have no idea whether I'm posting this at the right place or not, so sorry if I get it wrong!)

Anyhow.. I started reading fanfics February this year, and I just finished. I've read every single story at lcfanfic.com, and I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you wonderful, brilliant, amazing authors out there! You've helped me through moving to a new town, starting the university, stress about school, family issues etc.. I love your stories, I love that I can re-read them whenever I want and I love that the oldest stories are over 15 years old, and they still keep coming.

THANK YOU ALL, you are wonderful!!

sloppy
Posted By: LabRat Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/03/10 08:27 AM
I've moved it into here, fairie - the Fanfic Folder is solely for posting story parts and feedback for those specific parts. But no apology necessary - it only takes a moment to move and it's no big deal. smile

And couldn't agree more! It's a continuing source of amazement to me that we still have new stories to upload to the Archive each week, after so many years. Our authors are awesome. sloppy

Glad you're enjoying.

LabRat smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/03/10 07:17 PM
Finding this site was as much fun as having the winning ticket in the Powerball Lottery.
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/04/10 05:25 PM
You've read *all* the archive stories since February? eek I've been reading fanfic for about 15 years, and I haven't read them all yet. Not that I'm trying, though.

Anyway, we're so glad to hear that you're enjoying our collective efforts! Welcome to the boards. smile I personally think we've got the best fan group on the Internet here. smile

PJ
Posted By: dcarson Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/04/10 05:38 PM
If there are other fandoms you like if you like people can probably point you to sites and authors that are good. Fanfiction.net has stories for everything but you are a lot better off having a native guide.
Posted By: fairie Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/05/10 02:32 AM
Well PJ, I'm a fast reader smile Thanks! I think so too, just by reading your fun and lovely conversations smile

I've been to fanfiction.net and other similar sites, but lcfanfic just keeps tugging me back.. I think there's a special place in my heart for the archives. And therefor, for you wonderful authors thumbsup
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/05/10 06:54 PM
We have an amazing archive. I think that's mostly due to our tradition of requiring the stories to be edited. Fanfiction.net has thousands of stories but a lot of them are awful messes. Ladies like Kathy and LabRat and lots of volunteers have kept our archive organized and kept the quality up with general editors. All hail our EIC's! smile

Also, it's really helpful that we've got a central location for most of the stories; I occasionally surf for fanfic from other shows, and mostly all you get is author sites. And like dcarson said, it's very helpful to have someone show you where to find "the good stuff".

Anyway, very glad you're enjoying. It's really flattering to us to continue to attract new fans! Hope you stick around for at least 15 years <g>

PJ
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/10/10 03:27 PM
I can only agree with Pam. The LnC archive is way better than ff.net because of the editing process. (Although, truth to be told, the authors here tend to be pretty good at making not many mistakes in the first place.) I tried reading different stories on ff.net, but the vast majority of stories I found were a mess. Sure, there are good ones, and looking at the number of reviews gives you a good estimate as to the quality of the story, but there's still some luck involved in finding the "good stuff".
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/10/10 10:43 PM
Fairie, you are so kind! We authors live for feedback, and it's good to know that we've brightened some of your days. Thanks for taking the time to say hello.

Best Wishes,

Happy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/11/10 06:26 AM
I second what Happy said!

Thanks for the feedback. And I am amazed at how quickly you must be able to read, to have been able to go through the entire archive in such a short time.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: bellarase Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/11/10 12:35 PM
i also wholeheartedly agree! There are some incredible authors in this fandom and I'm so glad I am here smile1
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Just wanted to say.. - 09/11/10 05:01 PM
Wowwww, fairie, you're quick!!

Glad you enjoyed the stories! Stick around, there'll be more, and these messageboards right here are a fun place too wink

And good luck with your new life! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards