Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Barry? - 04/26/10 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering what fanfic, if any, has been written using Barry, the Superman look-alike from ToGOM? It seems to me that the existence of someone who looks so like Superman (and, therefore, presumably, could also be made to look exactly like Clark) opens the door for many possible plots. I'm curious what ones have already been explored.

Thanks.

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Barry? - 04/26/10 01:30 PM
There's SuperStud by MLT, where Barry played an important role.

Michael
Posted By: Dandello Re: Barry? - 04/26/10 02:03 PM
Time Enough to Heal by Dandello.

Barry is asked to impersonate Superman for Zara's joining ceremony to Kal-El.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Barry? - 04/26/10 05:33 PM
Thank you Michael and Dandello. I will add both of those stories to my "to read" list.

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: bobbart Re: Barry? - 04/26/10 05:58 PM
Lynn,

You can't miss Pam's fabulous Fate Worse Than Death

Barry plays a major role in this fic.

Edit: (Bob slaps forehead.) How could I forget that Barry makes a minor appearance in Only You: Fantasy . This is the final part of Margaret Brignell's seriously good "Only You" five-part alt-Clark story.

Bob
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 04:22 AM
Thanks Bob. I've added those two stories to my "to read" list as well.

I'm glad to see that Barry has been used in fanfic. I could easily see him being used in both serious and comedic story lines, and I am looking forward to reading what has already been written about him.

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: KathyM Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 02:51 PM
Barry was also in another one of Margaret Brignell's stories - The Day Superman Died - the story that instantly popped into my head when I began reading this thread.

Kathy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 05:06 PM
Originally posted by KathyM:
Barry was also in another one of Margaret Brignell's stories - The Day Superman Died - the story that instantly popped into my head when I began reading this thread.
Hi Kathy,

Based on the name I would guess that this may well be a deathfic. I try to avoid them. Could you tell me whether my guess is right? If I am wrong, then I'll add this story to my "to read" list. Either way, thanks for letting me know about it.

cheers,
Lynn
Posted By: Dandello Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 06:54 PM
Let's just say the title is deliberately misleading. laugh
Posted By: Tank Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure I used a Superman impersonator in one of my stories but I can't remember which one. I only know that Lex hired him to make a video to fool everyone. Not sure if it was Barry or not.

Tank (who says that being old, his memory is not what it once was, and it was never too good to start with)
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Barry? - 04/27/10 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tank:
I'm pretty sure I used a Superman impersonator in one of my stories but I can't remember which one. I only know that Lex hired him to make a video to fool everyone. Not sure if it was Barry or not.

Tank (who says that being old, his memory is not what it once was, and it was never too good to start with)
Is that the one where Clark gets a videotape of Lois "cheating" with Superman? I think I read that one, but it was loooong ago.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Barry? - 04/28/10 01:51 PM
Here are two more with a minor appearance by Barry:

Getting Even:
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2001/gettinge.txt

Affirmation:
http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2003/affirma.txt

Michael
Posted By: LNCroxmysox Re: Barry? - 05/06/10 11:40 PM
Originally posted by KathyM:
I immediately thought of this one, too, but wasn't sure on the title. Ah, classic fic nostalgia...

And yes, there's so much potential with look-alikes. How nice for the fanfic writers that both Lois and Superman each have one of their own, hehe.

FWIW, I slipped in a reference to Barry in my fic Normal\'s Relative as a little joke.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Barry? - 05/07/10 04:18 AM
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
FWIW, I slipped in a reference to Barry in my fic Normal\'s Relative as a l
I love the title of your work! I have added it to me "to be read" list.

So much fanfic, so little time...

cheers,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards