Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Rona V. Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/10/10 09:02 PM
I think I may be losing my mind...

I know there was once a spreadsheet on the archives that had all the data of the stories on the archive - author, description, length, link to the story, keywords, etc, etc. I found it really helpful for when I was trying to find a specific kind of story (rather than just a specific story) to read. But now I can't find it anywhere. Is this spreadsheet gone or am I just completely blind?
Posted By: Artemis Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/10/10 09:30 PM
Hmmm. LabRat kept talking about her spreadsheet, but as I understood it that was just her own way of keeping track and it was never posted for fan use.
Try searching by theme in the Archive.
Hope this helps some. Or are you thinking of the Archive Index? It sort of looks like a spreadsheet.
http://www.lcficdirectory.com/pgindex

cool
Artemis
Posted By: Shadow Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/11/10 12:14 AM
I used this one from time to time:

http://www.lcfanfic.com/ficdatabase.html

JD
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/11/10 04:36 AM
Yup, still there - thanks, Jen.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Rona V. Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/11/10 05:44 AM
Aha! That's it. I guess the link isn't on the main page anymore, and I never bookmarked the database page individually. Thanks, JD! smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/11/10 07:56 AM
You're right, I can't find one. I'll mention that to Lauren in the next update I send her and hopefully we can fix that, so it's easy to find.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Artemis Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/11/10 08:49 AM
Wow, I've never seen that spreadsheet. Thanks for the info. It needs a bit of updating, though. I'll add it to my files. I've used the indexes by Dawn for fic and nfic for years.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: LabRat Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 04/14/10 02:23 PM
It needs a bit of updating, though.
Worry not, Artemis, I'm in the middle of a massive update which will bring it completely up to date. It will take a little bit of time - longer than I'd imagined - because, to my horror, once I started I discovered the backlog was much more than I'd thought it was. :rolleyes:

I've finished updating the story details - now all I need to do is go back through a few years of Kerth nominee and winners lists and update that info. Then it will be ready to send off to Lauren.

I'll post once it's done.

LabRat smile
Posted By: LaurenW Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 05/24/10 07:09 AM
The updated fanfic spreadsheet is now available to download. Thanks, LabRat, for all the work that went into bringing it up to date. The file is really getting massive!

The sheet is prepped in the usual Excel and OpenOffice Calc flavors, as well as posted in a Yahoo Database and -- for the first time -- as a shared Google doc . (Google must have recently increased the allowed file size, because last time I tried to import it, Google's spreadsheet choked.)

If you visit the Google doc, try clicking View/List View for a more complete look at the fields.

Happy searching smile

Lauren
Posted By: Artemis Re: Archive Spreadsheet....? - 05/24/10 09:11 AM
Wow, lots of work, Lauren. Very nice. I had a problem, but it was with my mind early in the morning. Great file.
Thanks
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards