Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: TicAndToc What's the word I want here? - 08/30/09 07:14 PM
Ok... mind not cooperating. What's the word I want to describe what Clark is when he's worrying about personal or public property damage as a result of Superman's activities? Ethical? Moral? Kind? I can't quite get the word I want. It's like, it's in there, on the tip of my mind, so to speak, but I can't get it to pop up.

For example... say I were to write the following:

“It is too bad,” Clark said very softly. “I just wish that - well, I always feel bad when private or city property is damaged when…”

Lois smiled at him affectionately. Clark was

They're talking about specific property damage. What word, or words, do I want after "was"? huh

Any ideas?

Thanks! smile

'Toc
Posted By: EditorJax Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/30/09 07:18 PM
so civic minded? That is what comes to mind for me, since it's not his property, but he worries about damaging it.
Posted By: KathyB Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/30/09 09:22 PM
Maybe "conscientious"?
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/30/09 09:30 PM
Diligent?

Scrupulous?
Posted By: ccmalo Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/31/09 05:10 AM
thoughtful? compassionate? caring?

or, depending on how you want to portray him:
neat and tidy?

c.
Posted By: Nan Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/31/09 07:07 AM
I think Kathy's right. Probably something like "so conscientious."

Nan
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/31/09 10:28 AM
"...such a Goody Two-Shoes"?

Michael smile
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/31/09 11:03 AM
Are you asking about "collateral" damage? Like when a police sniper shoots a bad guy through a glass door and stops him from killing a hostage but breaks the glass and someone gets cut? Or when Superman uses a "No Parking" sign to wrap up a criminal for the police to find?
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: What's the word I want here? - 08/31/09 03:35 PM
Thanks, everyone! thumbsup

I've got several things I can choose from now. I'm leaning toward "conscientious" but may use several of these.

or, depending on how you want to portray him:
neat and tidy?
rotflol Um... nope. Not quite what I'm going for, here...

"...such a Goody Two-Shoes"?
lol Now, now. In this story, she's reached the stage where she's very fond of him. While this could be said lovingly, it's still not quite what I'm going for, here.

Terry - in this specific case, it's collateral damage; Superman's just catching the bad guys/helping clean up. But it could apply to the odd sign post as well. So far, he hasn't had to use any sign posts. smile

'Toc
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards