Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk Shoe question. - 06/09/09 05:29 PM
What's average for the number and types of pairs of shoes in your closet?

I'm rummaging through Clark's closet, so I'm really asking the guys, but any ladies who wanted to answer on behalf of their husbands/brothers/boyfriends/sons would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Tank Re: Shoe question. - 06/09/09 05:57 PM
I have my current pair of tennis shoes, my previous pair of tennis shoes, a pair of work shoes, a pair of dress shoes, and the pair of shoes that my mother bought me, because she came across this 'great deal', which I've never worn.

That's pretty much it.

Tank (who does have a few other pairs of shoes around because he's never bothered to throw them out)
Posted By: Vicki Re: Shoe question. - 06/09/09 06:19 PM
My husband has almost the same as Tank: two pairs of tennis shoes, one pair of work shoes, and one pair of dress shoes. He also has a pair of Tevas (sandals).
Posted By: carolm Re: Shoe question. - 06/09/09 06:32 PM
My hubby has a pair of [real] Crocs, [fake] Crocs, tennis shoes and Sketcher dressyish shoes that I hate wink .

Clark would probably have a couple pairs of tennis shoes [different types - runners, high tops [do they still call them that? like for basketball?], maybe another low top cross trainer or something], maybe a cleat or two [baseball, golf, football], probably a couple pairs of dress shoes for work and maybe another for more formal occasions, more casual loafer type and didn't he wear sandals on the beach in OP?

Carol
Posted By: LabRat Re: Shoe question. - 06/09/09 06:44 PM
My husband has about 10 pairs of shoes at any one time, from dress shoes to work shoes to hillwaking boots to slippers to trainers...and all of them are guaranteed to be lying where I am most likely to trip over them, while the nice wooden shoe tidy in the hall stays empty.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Karen Re: Shoe question. - 06/09/09 08:31 PM
My husband has two pairs of tennis shoes (one regular, one for the gym), a pair of boots for every day use/winter work wear, a pair of nice shoes for work, a pair of dress shoes, and a pair of flip-flops/sandals. He probably has a few others, which are old and don't fit anymore, but he just hasn't thrown out yet.
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: Shoe question. - 06/10/09 12:04 AM
My husband's got about the same, including heavy boots for extreme weather - maybe 6 pairs at the most.

Just don't make Clark like this guy I work with: at last count he had 260-some pairs of shoes. Since they won't all fit in his closet, he's got 'em lined up along one side of the stairs - or at least, he used to. He said when he moved he had one carload, filled to the ceiling, with just shoes. No shoeboxes. blush )
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Shoe question. - 06/10/09 12:12 AM
Wouldn't Clark have to have some extras around in case he decided to stick his foot out the passenger side door and stop the car? I don't remember which ep that was, but wasn't there another instance where he ruined a pair of shoes in a similar circumstances?
Posted By: bobbart Re: Shoe question. - 06/10/09 12:16 AM
My shoes are split between the closet and the garage.

In the closet I have:
1. Work
2. Walking/weekend
3. Hiking boots
4. Athletic shoes
5. Dress shoes

Out in the garage I have two more pair. One for yard work/gardening and another for outdoor sports.

Bob
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: Shoe question. - 06/10/09 06:08 AM
Thanks to everyone for your answers.

I'm going to give Clark a few more than average - but definitely not the 260 mentioned by TicAndToc!

Again - I really appreciate you taking the time to help - Thanks!
Posted By: MLT Re: Shoe question. - 06/14/09 07:46 AM
Just remember to add one pair of red leather boots. laugh
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Shoe question. - 06/14/09 02:13 PM
No, his back closet (the secret one) is full of red boots.

Another type of shoes that needs to be mentionen: Hiking boots or whatever it is he would wear in Smallville. smile
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: Shoe question. - 06/14/09 05:54 PM
Hiking boots added!

But no red boots - not in his main closet anyway!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Shoe question. - 06/15/09 11:43 AM
I ride a motorbike most days, and need to wear shoes with good chemical and impact protection for work, so I generally wear industrial boots with hidden steel toecaps under the leather - due to my department having a floor that is badly marked by black rubber soles they're all brown suede with light soles.

So I have two or three pairs of those, a pair of black slip-on shoes for more formal wear, and a couple of pairs of slippers. Not sure Clark would wear any of those. Think that's about it right now.

I'd imagine Clark would have at least one pair of shoes / boots suitable for working on a farm.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards