Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mister Data NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/03/08 09:36 PM
What is the name and breed fo Mindy Church's Dog? Not sure if the dog is named, but I am betting the breed is guessable.

James
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/03/08 09:53 PM
I think she calls him 'Pookie'
Posted By: LabRat Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 07:46 AM
I could be way off base here - I haven't watched any Mindy eps for years and I don't have time to check one out now - but I have a memory in my head of it being a little, white, fluffy thing.

So my guess - unless my memory sucks, which is always possible - would be a Pomeranian

Does that look like it?

LabRat smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 09:19 AM
I thought 'Pookie' was what she called Mr. Church...

James
Posted By: sheilah Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 11:22 AM
I'm going by memory, too, but I remember a white toy poodle wearing a brown and white or brown and cream doggie coat.

EDIT: I just checked Andrea's site and it's definitely a poodle. Not sure if it's a miniature or a toy, but there's a pic here, which you'll have to paste in your address bar: http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/ThirdSeason/HIWTHI/HIWTHI166.jpg
Posted By: carolm Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 11:33 AM
I thought she called the dog Pookie too in 'memory' of her husband or something. I didn't find 'dog' in the script at all [well twice but not in reference to Mindy's dog].

Carol
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 03:44 PM
I got the name from HIWTHI she's in the car after phoning Joey Bermuda and framing him for the whole crime spree. She then picks up the dog (which I think is a French Poodle) and kisses the dog calling him 'Pookie'
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/04/08 04:42 PM
Sounds like a fabulous plan. The next time I bring home a toy poodle, I'm going to dress him up in a girlie white sweater and name him "James." I'm sure it would do loads for my husband's ego.

Elisabeth
who was trying to remember myself, but all I could think of was "Pookie" and I knew that was Bill
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/05/08 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Elisabeth:

who was trying to remember myself, but all I could think of was "Pookie" and I knew that was Bill
Didn't she call Bill Church 'Hunkie'?
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/05/08 06:18 AM
Here is a pic:

[Linked Image]

I believe it's a Toy Poodle .

She calls it Pookie, just as her incarcerated husband. dizzy Maybe it means her husbands is so tamed as the dog. laugh
Posted By: Dandello Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/05/08 08:30 AM
'Pookie' is also a general term of endearment in some places (I think it was Garfield's bear).

My brother-in-law has a dog nicknamed Pookie (I can't recall her AKC name) and the family uses it as a general nickname along with 'Bunkie'.
Posted By: rkn Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/06/08 07:33 AM
It could also be a Bichon Frise. I'd have to see the face, but the Bichon is thicker than a poodle. Of course, this could just be a fat poodle. smile1
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/09/08 07:00 PM
That's either a Miniature Poodle or a Bichon Frise. Whichever, it's well-groomed so that the fur is all fluffed out.
Posted By: dedecasale Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/13/08 08:21 AM
I’d say it’s definitely a poodle because of his tail.

A Bichon Frisé’s tail does a little cute curl to the back. A Poodle’s tail is looks more like the dog in the picture.

As to the name, I think Mindy called him poochie! Not that it was his name, but like doggie, poochie.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/13/08 08:37 AM
Here is a capture with the dog's face:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sheilah Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/13/08 09:19 AM
The ears are also too long for a Bichon Frise:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mindy's dog still looks like a poodle to me.
Posted By: LabRat Re: NaNo FFQ: Mindy Church's Dog - 11/13/08 09:29 AM
Yeah, it's definitely a poodle.

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards