Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: anonpip Doctors in the house? - 11/02/08 10:01 AM
help

I'm wondering if anyone here is a doctor. I have a pretty substantial part for a doctor in my new fic and now that I'm a large part of the way done, I've suddenly started getting worried about some of the things I've written and how realistic they may be.

So, if anyone here would know about the lives of being a doc (you probably don't really need to be doctor to know the answers - a nurse in a hospital would probably be able to answer them, too), I'd appreciate it. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two as it's just two or three yes/no questions.

If I was braver, I'd ask one of my doctor friends, but I'm not.
Posted By: Squirky Re: Doctors in the house? - 11/07/08 11:43 PM
Hey, friend! I'm a medical student - would that help? I can try to answer your questions, if you'd like. smile
Posted By: bakasi Re: Doctors in the house? - 11/08/08 10:15 AM
I'm a med student, too, almost finished, by the way. I'm working in a hospital at the moment, full time. (and without earning a penny for it grumble grumble grumble )

Feel free to ask any question you like laugh
Posted By: anonpip Re: Doctors in the house? - 11/08/08 11:07 AM
Thanks, Squirky and bakasi!

Squirky, I'll send you an email.

Bakasi - if you'd send me an email address, I'll send you the questions as well. I'd prefer not to post them here as some of them give some hints as to where things are going with the story they are related to.
Posted By: DocJill Re: Doctors in the house? - 11/08/08 07:11 PM
Hey there! I'm a pediatrician...I've survived med school and Residency (God help me!) and now I'm out practicing. Anything you need to know, just ask! Shoot me an e-mail.

Hey med students! Hope things are going well. Bakasi, don't worry, they'll start paying you next year and just use it as an excuse to abuse you more! wink

Jill goofy
Posted By: anonpip Re: Doctors in the house? - 11/08/08 08:44 PM
Thanks, Jill! I just sent you an email.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards