Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Elisabeth What time is 5 PM Eastern Standard Time? - 04/04/08 11:14 AM
This year's Kerths are at 5 PM on April 5. So tonight I'm getting my sound files downloaded, polishing my presentation speech and making sure I can connect to IRC. Just one final question: what time is 5 PM Eastern standard time?

I found a website that gives a run-down today, but I'm still not sure it's right. (For one thing, someone said that 5 PM EST was 11 PM in France. But this shows France at 1 AM. France isn't large enough to be in two time zones; is it?) Anyway, would someone smarter than me give this a glance and see if it looks right. (I'm wondering if I have it backwards because of the + and minus signs.)

Thanks,

Elisabeth

-10:00 Hawaii
-9:00 Alaska
-8:00 Pacific Time/Tijuana
-7:00 Mountain Time
-6:00 Central Time/Central America/Mexico City
-5:00 Eastern Time/Bogota/Lima/Quito
-4:00 Atlantic Time/Santiago
-3:30 Newfoundland
-3:00 Brasilia
12:00 UK
+1:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna, Madrid, Paris
+2:00 Greece, Egypt, Israel
+10:00 Melbourne, Sydney, Guam
+12:00 Fiji
In the US, 5 pm Eastern is:

4 pm - Central
3 pm - Mountain
2 pm - Pacific

If you're in the UK, then it's 10 pm. France would be 11 pm. The display you looked at calculates from Greenwich Mean Time, not from the Eastern time zone.
Posted By: Eva Re: What time is 5 PM Eastern Standard Time? - 04/04/08 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
This year's Kerths are at 5 PM on April 5. So tonight I'm getting my sound files downloaded, polishing my presentation speech and making sure I can connect to IRC.
Now that I'm reading this: I went through the Kerth FAQs, but I couldn't find out where to download the sounds - can you (or anyone else who happens to read this) help?

Thanks in advance and see you tomorrow at the ceremony smile

Eva
There's a very useful timezone converter here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Can't help you with the sounds - sorry!

Yvonne
The info was on the Kerth awards site. They can be downloaded here. http://www.lcficmbs.com/kerthawards/sounds.html/
Posted By: Saskia Re: What time is 5 PM Eastern Standard Time? - 04/04/08 02:39 PM
The sounds can be downloaded here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/kerthawards/sounds.html Don't forget to put them in your sounds folder of IRC.

And yes, it really is 11pm in France, 10pm in England and midnight in Greece. I either get to go to bed a whole hour early or I can join in the fun for an hour more than usual. Just in case, I stocked up on red bull. laugh

Saskia smile
Yvonne, my brain cells have fought me on this conversion thing for years. I've just added your site to my favorites list and I'm sending you a cyberkiss... ahem, that would be a Hershey's Big Block Cyberkiss.

Elisabeth
Britain is currently on BST (GMT plus 1) so the correct time for the UK is 11.00 PM
Okay, I know this is probably on the boards somewhere (especially since I got on last year), but what is the sign on for the Kerths? Thanks
Posted By: Sue S. Re: What time is 5 PM Eastern Standard Time? - 04/05/08 06:13 AM
The US is on daylight savings time/BST too. So it will be 10 p.m. in Britain. thumbsup
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards