Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: smileyd Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/05/08 08:43 PM
I found on wikipedia an entry about fanfiction terms. I rolled down to "virtual Seasons", and discovered that Lois and Clark is completely omitted. Thats not too bad, except for the fact that the arcticle says that "Millenium" had a virtual season, and that was the first instance of it. As we all know, TUFS was written a few years before that.

Anyone here more versed in FoLCdom and how to edit Wikipedia care to fix it up?

Wikipedia Virtual Seasons
Posted By: StarKat Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/05/08 09:23 PM
I went in and edited it a bit. Anyone who can make it better, feel free.

Tara
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/05/08 10:09 PM
Didn't the Season 5 project start at the same time as TUFS?

Wendy smile
Posted By: smileyd Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/05/08 10:20 PM
I dunno, thats why I ask for someone else to do the editing. Theres probably a lot more there that can be changed. The whole article focuses on fanfiction.net
Posted By: ccmalo Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 04:21 AM
I don't recall which started first, TUFS or S5, but I do recall that new
'episodes' in each series were being posted at the same time. Pam would probably know, I think. Don't forget S6 too. A few writers wrote eps for both series.

c.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 06:54 AM
I do recall that new
'episodes' in each series were being posted at the same time.
That's pretty much my recollection, too. If they didn't start at the same time, there was definitely some overlapping and it couldn't have been by much more than a few weeks difference between them, I suspect.

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 08:58 AM
I edited it to insert links to Season 5 and Season 6. If we folcs did it first, we deserve full credit, darnit! smile

And yeah, S5 and TUFS pretty much ran concurrently.

PJ
who's never edited a Wikipedia entry before; cool! cool
Posted By: carolm Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 09:12 AM
I don't see your edits Pam...
Carol [who wasn't around till long after...]
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 09:25 AM
Dang, you're right, I don't see them either. How am I supposed to do this, then? Did I miss a prompt or something? Or is there lag time?

PJ
Posted By: HatMan Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 09:41 AM
No, looking at the history page, your edit was reversed. Seems some automated system doesn't like the link to Geocities.

(BTW, wasn't TUFS The Unaired Fifth Season?)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 09:56 AM
They're discriminating against Geocities? Isn't that, like, web-ism or something? I demand reparations! goofy

PJ
Posted By: sheilah Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/06/08 01:23 PM
L&C wasn't the first fandom with a virtual season. Beth Washington was on our TUFS team, and her experience with virtual seasons for Forever Knight proved very helpful in setting it up.

As far as which came first, TUFS or S5, I don't remember which series was published first. But I know (since I was on both teams) that TUFS began organizing before S5 did.

EDIT: I changed the Wikipedia page as follows: One of the first virtual seasons was for the TV series Forever Knight, which was canceled in 1996 and followed by a virtual fourth season. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, which was canceled in 1997, spawned several virtual seasons. The Unaired Fifth Season ('TUFS') and Season 5 ('S5') each "aired" on Sunday nights during the 1997/98 television season (followed by 'Season 6' the following season) and started a trend in the process.

BTW, I linked S5 and S6 back to the archive. I also checked the Forever Knight site, and FK was cancelled in 1996, and the website for its virtual fourth season has a counter that goes back to May 1997.
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/07/08 10:45 AM
oh, a FK VS! hyper

James
Posted By: Eva Re: Wikipedia wrong? shocking!! - 03/07/08 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Mister Data:
oh, a FK VS! hyper

James
my thoughts exactly smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards