Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Zoar3 Separate FDK? - 01/11/08 09:44 PM
Sometimes it's hard to find stories buried within the FDK-I was wondering if any thought has ever been given to a separate FDK board? I realize that would create an extra step both for readers and/commentors but it could also make things easier and less jumbled?

Mona
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Separate FDK? - 01/11/08 10:44 PM
The lovely and hardworking labrat keeps this board up to date for just that reason:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=6

Plus it helps when you are looking for multiple parts. thumbsup

You can also use Dawn's list that she creates for the boards as well. ^__^

I think with those two things it probably isn't necessary since people go to so much trouble already to make sure it is easy to find.
Posted By: carolm Re: Separate FDK? - 01/11/08 11:04 PM
Looking for the little blue arrow also helps. Most people [coughwhentheyremembercough] use the little blue arrow for story parts and something else for FDK. Of course, I DID NOT forget to do so when posting something this week and I DID NOT have to go back and fix it wink .
Carol
Posted By: LabRat Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 06:07 AM
And when there's no blue arrow, story posts should be 0 in the 'replies' column, so if you just run your eye down the page looking for 0, you can pick them out fairly easily.

Oh and thanks, Jojo. <g>

LabRat smile
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 11:24 AM
Thanks everyone. LabRat does beyond and above here as it is! smile Speaking of our favorite :.Rat, blush it never did occur to me to simply look for the zero in the reply column,blue arrows yes, O no. Lol. smile

Mona
Posted By: LabRat Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 11:49 AM
Thanks, Mona! smile

Well, I used to do the TOCs the hard way - took me forever to find the story parts - till someone pointed the zeros out to me, too. laugh So I wouldn't feel dumb on that one. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: coolgirl Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 04:37 PM
Speaking of *Zero* posts... here's one of mine where I think I double-posted...

Can you remove the second one so that people can find this one out easily (that is if they want to)?
Picture Story : Christmas Love (1/3)
Posted By: KathyM Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 07:15 PM
Looking for the 0 posts works unless someone attached fdk onto a story post, which does happen from time to time.

Interestingly enough, right after seeing this thread, I noticed a -1, which I have never seen before. It's in Carol's "Countdown: Clark's story". Is this just a glitch on my computer, or have other people noticed it before?

Kathy
Posted By: nepenthe Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 07:19 PM
You're not imagining it, Kathy. I see a "-1" for that story too.
Posted By: carolm Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 07:34 PM
I saw it earlier too. Someone had responded to it instead of the FDK or something and when that was removed, it was -1. *shrug* Fic is still there though...
Carol
Posted By: LabRat Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 07:47 PM
Yes, that happened when I removed the extra post. No idea why - usually it reverts back to zero. huh

Looking for the 0 posts works unless someone attached fdk onto a story post, which does happen from time to time.
Yes, well no plan is perfect. wink You'll get the odd exception, but you should be able to find the bulk of posts by looking for zero. Or... -1, I guess, if it keeps doing that now. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Separate FDK? - 01/12/08 09:09 PM
Lol and thanks everyone smile

Mona
Posted By: woody Re: Separate FDK? - 01/13/08 08:51 PM
So if I posted, would it go to zero, or 1. And then if that was removed, would it revert to 0, -1, or -2. /me wonders.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards