Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: clrgard Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 07:14 PM
I am searching for a story that I thought I had read on the archive a few years ago, but now I can't find it. It was an alt-world story where Clark was a novelist under a psuedonym (I think the last name was Lane) and Lois got a different style of clothes to wear and a (blind) German Shepherd as a seeing-eye dog in an effort to get him an effective secret identity.

I wanted to read the story again, but I can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows the title of this work, I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks in advance.

Clrgard
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 07:21 PM
There's a scene kind of like that in Rebuilding Superman but it doesn't involve a German Shepherd, so maybe that's not it.
Posted By: clrgard Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 07:29 PM
no... that's not the one... frown but that one looks really good and I haven't read it yet...

I don't remember a lot of the details in the story, but one of the scenes I do remember well is where Lois sets up a meeting between Clark and Mr. Olsen using Clark's pseudonym. Clark thinks that it will never work, that Mr. Olsen will realize it's really him, but the meeting goes off perfectly, and Mr. Olsen doesn't suspect a thing. There was also something about Clark's "last name" being Lane and Lois' last name being Lane, but I can't remember what it was.

clrgard
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 07:35 PM
I think I know which one you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. Does Clark's secret identity involve him acting like he's blind?
Posted By: clrgard Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 07:42 PM
yes, it does and he resists at first, but Lois convinces him that it would save the life of a dog that would be euthanized because it was blind. He could use the dog as a "seeing-eye" dog as part of his cover. I think the dog's name was Inge or something like that...
Posted By: docward Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 08:13 PM
I remember the one you're talking about, but I can't remember the title. It starts out with Clark investigating a rift/anomaly/something in space for Dr. Klein, then the next morning there are two Loises. (What is the correct plural of Lois?) One of them steals the time machine and moves over to the alt universe.

I hope this helps someone remember the title.

Frank
Posted By: IreneD Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 08:29 PM
You're looking for 'Always Something There to Remind Me' by Zoomway.

It's a great story!

Irene
Posted By: clrgard Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 08:36 PM
That is it! smile1
THANK YOU so much. I have been trying for weeks to find this by searching the archive. I was beginning to worry that it might have been removed. I am SO glad it wasn't!

Thanks again,
clrgard

party
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 08:52 PM
What is the correct plural of Lois?
Loisi? smile
Posted By: IreneD Re: Looking for a story... - 11/10/07 08:53 PM
If you started with authors beginning with the letter 'A', I'm not surprised you've been looking for this for weeks!!

Irene smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards