Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 10:36 AM
Har! Gotcha!

No, seriously, offering chocolate to any fanfic that hits my mailbox seemed to work. Greatly to my surprise. goofy At least for Carol's fic anyway. laugh

So I figure - what the heck! You have a winning idea, you run with it. wink Now's your chance. Search those hds and see if you have anything you've forgotten to submit and the first ten lucky little fanfic submitted will get free chocolate to munch while they're waiting to be assigned a GE!

Honest. Would I lie?

LabRat smile
Posted By: coolgirl Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 10:43 AM
After *that* ice-cream, do you want me to write and mail you a chocolate-y fanfic for a chocolate?

Are you sure?
Posted By: carolm Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 10:57 AM
OOoo do I get two chocolates now?!?!

/me just sent off fic #2 and has #3 open...
Carol
Posted By: LabRat Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 11:04 AM
Are you sure?
goofy Yup, yup. We don't accept nfic at the Archive though, so it's probably a good idea just to stick to g-rated chocolate treats! rotflol

OOoo do I get two chocolates now?!?!
Ha - nice try. laugh No, the fics get the chocolate, not the authors. The authors get the undying gratitude of your EIC. wink

BTW, this submissions 'appeal' has to have had the fastest response from authors eager to suddenly submit fanfic than any I've ever posted. It's amazing what power chocolate has. ROTFL!

LabRat smile
Posted By: coolgirl Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 11:08 AM
oh oh! You should know that I don't do g-rated fics well. blush There aren't any waiting in my hd now!

But there's one nfic getting polished, if you want... laugh I ll post it on the nfanfic section ASAP.

Seems I wont get the chocolate, after all... :rolleyes:
Posted By: carolm Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 11:08 AM
LOL! Well, I just sent #3... do you think they'll give the author the chocolate?

Carol [who wonders what she can get for undying gratitude...]
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 11:15 AM
I have the next drabbles series sitting over here. I just gotta check the formatting on it and then I'll send it over.
Posted By: carolm Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 11:18 AM
Okay Labby - you got all 5 of the ones I had sitting on my hd!

Carol [who has at least one more shortish one in progress and then *eep* remembers two from like two years ago that were companion pieces that never got finished - will have to do something about that...]
Posted By: LabRat Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 12:39 PM
Yay! Lots of fic. dance Thanks, guys.

But there's one nfic getting polished, if you want... [Big Grin] I ll post it on the nfanfic section ASAP.
And don't forget to send it along to the Nfic Archive at Annesplace, too! There's a stickied thread in the nfic folder which tells you how to do that. The Fanfic Archive only accepts up to and including PG13, but Annette will welcome any nfic you can give her. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: woody Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/19/07 05:10 PM
Sorry I don't have any fic to submit right now, but thought I should wonder, considering my sister doesn't like chocolate, what if some fics just don't like chocolate? Are there other treats available?
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/21/07 04:23 PM
I'm crafting more of a fic! ;)Can I have chocolate ice cream instead of candy? Please. It is so hot here in LA and besides I've always preferred ice cream to candy.

Thanks,
Mona
Posted By: LabRat Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/21/07 04:29 PM
Well, you could, Mona, but going back a bit:

No, the fics get the chocolate, not the authors. The authors get the undying gratitude of your EIC
If your story prefers ice cream to chocolate though, I guess we could make an exception. wink Or two even, Woody.

LabRat smile
Posted By: woody Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/21/07 04:33 PM
My sister doesn't like ice cream either. My fics, however, can be particularly choosy. I'll have to ask them what they want.
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/21/07 08:48 PM
I'd love to send in some stories, but they need a beta reader first. Any takers for a vignette?

Elisabeth
Posted By: Aromassa Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/21/07 10:26 PM
How long does it usually take for a fic to appear on the message boards after submission? Or rather, after the GE has stamped her/his approval?

And since the fic I just submitted is in Lois' POV and she's just had Clark take her pay rise and the messenger just exploded, I don't think you should give her any chocolate right now. wink
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/22/07 10:06 AM
My aren't you a tricky one, Lab Rat, to get those stories! Lol. smile

Mona
Posted By: LabRat Re: Free Chocolate! - 10/22/07 10:22 AM
Or rather, after the GE has stamped her/his approval?
How long is a piece of string? laugh It really depends how full the upload queue is when your story's returned to me. With the odd exception, it's pretty much first come, first uploaded once it's in the queue, so it very much depends on how many stories there are ahead of yours.

Generally speaking, if you haven't had an email from me to say your story has been sent for uploading two weeks after your GE says they've returned it to me, it never hurts to email me to ask about it's progress. (Although, almost without fail, authors seem to do this at precisely the same time their story reaches the top of the queue. goofy Sod's Law is a wonderful thing. laugh )

My aren't you a tricky one, Lab Rat, to get those stories!
laugh I'm still amazed it worked so well! LOL!

Mind you, still missing a few. wink

LabRat smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards