Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: lovesuper97 Help!!!! - 08/28/06 04:09 PM
I need an willing br to help me with my story and any ideas along with plz pretty plz ( me batting my eyes )thank you so much.
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: Help!!!! - 08/29/06 10:02 AM
one quick question how do i send anstory to someone to beta.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Help!!!! - 08/30/06 08:44 AM
Do you mean how to send it physically? Attachments? Which email program are you using?

Or are we talking matters of beta protocol here?

LabRat smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Help!!!! - 08/30/06 10:09 PM
Well, LabRat, she's already sent it to me.

lovesuper97, if you are having trouble attaching a file as I suggested, you can email me. Or if it's causing you a big problem just send it as you have sent the others.

Oh, LabRat, is there some kind of particular beta protocol? Or is that just preference?

Nancy
Posted By: LabRat Re: Help!!!! - 08/31/06 01:49 AM
Oh, LabRat, is there some kind of particular beta protocol? Or is that just preference?
Not really - when it comes to how you work out the details, author and reader usually work it out as suits them best.

There is a thread somewhere on the best care for your beta wink , but it's mostly just the same good manners you'd apply to dealing with anyone and commonsense. You know...don't just send someone your story and expect them to get to it right away. Do ask if they have time, don't assume they do (even if they've always had time in the past). Do always thank them for the time they've spent editing your story...just basic stuff like that. Basically, don't take your beta for granted. laugh

I'll try and find it, if I can.

ETA: Here you go, I found another one, too, more discussion. Interesting threads, both:

The Care And Feeding Of Beta Readers

Beta Reader Discussion

LabRat smile
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: Help!!!! - 09/04/06 09:29 AM
thank you for all your help smile1
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards