Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: CC Aiken Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 10:38 AM
I think this is a hard one, so I'll take whatever answers I can get with much appreciation.

I'm looking for the names of men who worked at the DP. Besides the obvious- Clark, Perry, Jimmy, Ralph- who else was seen, or even just mentioned in passing?

Anyone know? I owe you a donut if you do!

Thank you!

CC
Posted By: Nan Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 11:22 AM
There was Wally Sciarra (who appeared in Individual Responsibility), and Eduardo Friaz. I've often used them in stories. There was also Pete, in the first and part of the second seasons. Jimmy mentions in Metallo that Pete in Sports asked for a raise and a week later he was gone. There's three. Hope that helps.

Nan

Edit: There was also Applegate, (no first name) who appeared in All Shook Up. Definitely male.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 11:36 AM
Myerson & Burns(foreign correspondent??) from Pilot when Lois asks for a task force
Posted By: AmyN Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 11:40 AM
In the pilot, when Lois asks for a Task Force and Perry says she can have Kent, she asks for Myerson or Burns instead. No specifics on whether either is male or has a first name. wink

AmyN

(AnKS beat me to it!)
Posted By: KathyM Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 12:03 PM
And there's Steve Sanchez, who also gets a pink slip in Barbarians at the Planet right after Jimmy and Jack receive theirs. Since Lex comes in later that morning and announces "no layoffs", presumably Steve kept his job after all...

Kathy
Posted By: Kate Todd Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 12:35 PM
Pete of sports in "Prankster"?
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 12:48 PM
Phil in the Copy Department (needed an orthopedic chair).... from Stop the Presses
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 01:04 PM
Brief mentions:

Applegate in "All Shook Up" (Perry suggests Cat ask his help to write her article).

Jurgens and Swan in "Through a Glass, Darkly" (Perry barks orders to them).

Harry in "Stop the Presses" (he is one of the reporters in the conference room when Lois is Editor-in-Chief).

EDIT:
Nan beat me to Applegate.

Andreia smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 02:00 PM
I think this is a hard one
Ya think? goofy

Lois blames "Carl, in Travel" for stealing Perry's last cinnamon donut in Lucky Leon.

In The Phoenix, Perry yells at someone called Langdon, wanting to know where his story is, and a male voice replies from off screen, "Right on it, Chief!".

LabRat smile
Posted By: Jude Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/10/05 08:04 PM
Hi CC wave
There was also 'Carl in Travel' whom Lois blamed for taking Perry's last cinnamon donut, as she choked down the last bite.

OOPS! Hadn't read Ms. Rat's post when I wrote this. Sorry. I'll just say hi wave anyway.

smile Jude

dance
Posted By: CC Aiken Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/11/05 08:23 AM
Soooo, I take it this one wasn't so hard?

Holy cow!! You people are brilliant! And if I'd had any idea this was so easy and there were so many potential answers, I never would have rashly promised donuts.

Thank you everyone! (Hi, Jude!) wave I really appreciate it. This is more and better than what I thought I would have to work with.

So...yay! sloppy

CC
Posted By: Tank Re: Men in the Newsroom?? - 10/11/05 08:41 PM
BTW: Jurgens and Swan are nods to the Superman comic books. Curt Swan is the iconic Superman artist who drew Superman for over thirty years during the Silver Age of Comics. A nicer gentleman you'd never meet.

And Dan Jurgens, who happens to be a Minnesota resident and a friend of mine, was the primary artist on Superman during the late eighties and early nineties. He wrote and drew the infamous 'Death of Superman' issue.

Tank (who thought he'd just throw in that bit of trivia for the non-comic folcs out there)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards