Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Shadow Quick Story Recommendation - 05/31/05 04:53 AM
Christ Almighty. I'm getting up in a little over three hours, but once I started reading "Curiosity KIlled the Reporter," well, I couldn't put it down. I had to find out what happened. And to think I opened it up for just a quick bit of nighttime reading before I fell asleep. wink

JD
Posted By: gerry Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 05/31/05 12:23 PM
I agree with Shadow. Curiosity Killed the Reporter is one of ML's best. It even surpassed my alltime favourite, Superstud. So rush to the archives and read it.

gerry
Posted By: Tlat Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/01/05 06:56 AM
Well I am looking forward to it. I always loved Superstud. Can't wait.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/01/05 07:19 AM
Any link on that or do I gotta hunt it down?

TEEEEEEJ
Posted By: Simona Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/01/05 10:11 AM
I read it yesterday and like JD I couldn't put it down till the end. I have no time for a proper comment now, but I loved it, it's wonderful (like everyone ML stories, btw)!
You can read it at www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2005/curiosi.txt

simona smile
Posted By: KathyB Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/01/05 01:31 PM
Just out of curiosity (no pun intended goofy ), is there an nfic version? 'Cause, you know, SuperStud was *fabulous* ...

Kathy (wondering where to go read smile )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/01/05 02:18 PM
LOL KB you read my mind!! Heehee, yeah I read the PG-13 version this morning and it's awesome!! ML is a kick A$$ writer, I love her versions of the shows, and while I love Superstud the best, this one is coming in a close second!! Lex getting stuck with Ellen Lane is just the best!! LOL!!
thumbsup rotflol
TEEEEEEEJ
Posted By: KathyB Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/02/05 12:35 AM
Spent the whole day reading, whenever I could steal time .... well worth it!! This is a fantastic story. The fact that it's well written goes without saying, but it's also fast paced, exciting, emotional, suspenseful, romantic and even funny in parts.

A very high recommendation from this reader. smile

Oh, but to answer my own question, I would be surprised if there was an nfic version; there's no need for one. The PG13 version on the archive is perfect, as is. thumbsup

Kathy
Posted By: MLT Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/02/05 07:10 PM
I've been out of town for the past few days (up north trying to prevent all those horrible criminals from facing the consequences of their actions blush ). How nice to come back to see this thread. Thanks everyone for your very kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

I would be surprised if there was an nfic version; there's no need for one.
As to your question about a nfic version, Kathy, the answer, as you guessed, is that there is not a nfic version. It's hard to have a nfic version when you've written a story without any nookie in it laugh . On the other hand, I have been playing with a nfic epilogue idea - to find out what happend during a certain weekend of pure relaxation cool

Again, I'm glad you all enjoyed the story. What a nice way to come back to town.

ML wave
Posted By: Artemis Re: Quick Story Recommendation - 06/06/05 11:50 AM
This is an awesome story. I loved the interaction between characters that showed up later in the series and the HIM setting: Henderson, Bill Church, Jr., with Lex, Nigel, Perry and Jimmy.
I also loved when Clark wouldn't have Lois beholden to Lex, so went out and claimed a diamond mine in Yellowknife! Then he turned into a world class diamond cutter. Since I know that Canada laser cuts a microscopic number tracker into every diamond, can I assume Superman put an S-shield on the diamonds he cut? wink .
Madame Benoit was a great character and I think French worked better than Spanish would have.
This was just a great well-rounded full story. Maybe we should watch the happy couple contend with Nighfall? smile
cool
Artemis
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards