Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: malu Looking for a fic... - 07/28/03 10:32 PM
I've been trying to find a story I read a couple of times, but cannot remember the title nor the author(s).

Here is a very brief description of it:

There is no Superman and Clark does not work in the DP. Perry makes Lois interview this author, which looks like a playboy. He lives in a penthouse. His name is Charles King (I think).

I don't remember if this is an nfic or gfic, but would appreciate if anyone could remind me of it.

malu
Posted By: rebeccajoy Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/28/03 10:46 PM
I think the story you might be talking about is Misery by Yvonne Connell

It is avaliable on the Fanfic Archive Misery

Hope that helps,
Rebecca Joy
Posted By: malu Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/28/03 10:58 PM
Rebecca, that's not it. It was not written in Clark's POV.

In the story, Clark's mother is in a coma in a clinic or hospital, being "treated" by a doctor that has a crush on Clark, after an accident that killed his father.

malu
Posted By: IreneD Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/28/03 11:04 PM
malu,

I think that, unfortunately, this was one of Brenda's plagiarised stories that was removed from the archive and the nfic archive. It's no longer available.

Irene
Posted By: malu Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/28/03 11:07 PM
Oh, that might be why I'm not finding it, then. blush

Thanks, Rebecca and Irene, for your help. thumbsup

malu
Posted By: LabRat Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 04:29 AM
It definitely sounds like 'Brenda's' story. It never was on the Archive though because it was nfic.

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 04:58 AM
But on the other hand, I think we found the original novel this story was based on... if only I could remember what it was called...

PJ
Posted By: Pelican Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 07:56 AM
Why was it removed?

Pelican smile1
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 08:36 AM
Pel, as Irene said, it (and several other stories) were removed because Brenda had plagiarised them from published novels. frown At first her 'stories' were, we think, some sort of composite of different novels, but as she continued unexposed (though apparently some people did recognise the books and said nothing frown ) she got more careless. In the end, she copied one book almost word for word, and it was recognised.

But this is ancient history now. I think those of us who were involved at the time just want to forget it - it had the very sour effect of making some of us far more suspicious than we wanted to be of other fic. frown

Anyway, Malu, there are plenty of other great stories to read! thumbsup

Wendy smile
Posted By: malu Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 11:34 AM
Yeah, Wendy, there are many other wonderful stories out there, written magnificently by people on these boards laugh and by others who one day, I'm sure, will join this group (although I'm not one of them and don't think I'll ever match up to these guys blush ). Keep up the great work, all of you! thumbsup

I'm sorry if, in some way, I resurfaced these memories. frown I remember when all this happened, and all the discussion that came with it. frown I just didn't remember that the story was hers. I'm sorry.

malu
Posted By: Kaethel Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 11:52 AM
Don't apologise, Malu! You couldn't have known that it was the story you had in mind. As Wendy said, it's in the past now, and the only thing we can hope is that this experience will dissuade anyone who might be tempted from plagiarising anything.

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 12:14 PM
What Kaethel said, Malu! smile

Wendy smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 12:15 PM
What...oh, see Wendy got in there as I was typing. laugh

Definitely no need for an apology, Malu!

LabRat smile
Posted By: Pelican Re: Looking for a fic... - 07/29/03 04:06 PM
Oh... sorry, I overlooked what Irene said, and I actually had to look up the word. blush
A bird that haven't yet flown out of her nest isn't always that well-informed and still has a lot to learn wink

It's a shame people would do something like that... it destroys the meaning of it all.

Pelican smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards