Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Cristina To Warn or not to Warn... - 05/15/03 01:52 PM
Hey!

This issue was brought up recently on the Fanfic folder and I decided to take up Kaethel's suggestion and bring it here.

It seems some people were a little upset about a Tank Ending that wasn't labeled as one and it made me think. I understand that some people might not want to read this kind of fic, but I also think that the surprise element is one of the best thing's about a TE. So, I was wondering, what should prevail? The right of those readers who'd rather the surprise wasn't gone (and I'm assuming there are some) or the right of those who dislike this kind of story, and therefore would like to know what it really is beforehand in order to not read it?

I guess it all comes down to one thing: TE warning or no warning?

Cris
Posted By: LabRat Re: To Warn or not to Warn... - 05/15/03 02:08 PM
Cris, the forum moderators have been discussing this one and trying to think of a solution that would be a compromise and ensure that both side of this divide can have fun and not have their fun spoiled. As much as it's possible to have a compromise, of course. It's a tricky one.

We think that we may have something that might work and I believe that Pam may shortly be starting a poll with a suggested solution for everyone to vote on, so that we can see if it's an idea worth implementing.

Watch this space. wink

LabRat smile
Posted By: rivka Re: To Warn or not to Warn... - 05/15/03 05:36 PM
/me watches...

Y'know, it's not actually doing anything... goofy
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: To Warn or not to Warn... - 05/15/03 06:03 PM
Okay, poll is posted... http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000032 Please vote, and feel free to comment!

PJ
Posted By: rivka Re: To Warn or not to Warn... - 05/15/03 06:29 PM
What do you know? A watched post does boil! wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards