Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Trenna What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/13/03 07:04 PM
An answer by Kaethel in another thread made me think of this.

There have been stories written that ended as a cliffhanger.

My examples are:

Near Wild Heaven ---- Kaethel, you CAN'T leave us there

and

The Fugitive - by Mobile Richards which I guess will never be finished.

One could almost consider Imbalance in this category due to its size wink

Can anyone think of others?

Also, you can use this thread to encourage at least one sequel to be finished....

hint, hint Kaethel. thumbsup
Posted By: MissyG Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/13/03 07:55 PM
How about Momentum!!? Can't wait for the sequel!

/me hits Kathy with a huge wet snowball and runs!!

Missy
Posted By: Shadow Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/13/03 08:38 PM
/me coughs Near Wild Heaven laugh

I seem to remember an '03 story making me scream at the end, but I don't remember it right now.
Posted By: BanAnna Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/13/03 10:00 PM
I think my favorite cliffhangers are the ones I leave my readers with. wink

~Anna
Posted By: daneel Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 12:00 AM
/me hits Kathy with a huge wet snowball and runs!!
Run fast, where is Strangers, Missy? grumble

What about Burnout, Labrat? :p SDB is beginnig to be like the new Superman movie frown

Jose peep
Posted By: LabRat Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 02:43 AM
ROTFL, Jose. And interesting thread, Trenna. Mine would have to be the epic unfinished nfic by The Gorn.

LabRat (who is working on SDB next, honest, even though she's just discovered half of the plot doesn't work and will need to be ditched and replaced... wink )
Posted By: daneel Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 02:58 AM
LabRat (who is working on SDB next, honest, even though she's just discovered half of the plot doesn't work and will need to be ditched and replaced...
Again?

Jose whinging
Posted By: LabRat Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 03:38 AM
Actually, it's beneficial. I think. <g> I've been aware it didn't work for a long time, but was in denial. laugh Yesterday, a couple of fdk comments for other stories made me realise I had to face up to it. Now that I have - well, I realise I was never that keen on the elements I'll have to jettison and that the story will be tighter without them.

Now...all I have to do is find material to replace them and an actual plot elsewhere that isn't boring and deeply unoriginal. eek Still, such are the joys of fanfic writing! <g>

LabRat smile
Posted By: Melisma Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 06:19 AM
Originally posted by BanAnna:
I think my favorite cliffhangers are the ones I leave my readers with. wink

~Anna
LOL, Anna, you said a mouthful! I've got this LnC fic I've been working on since 1999, and I made the mistake of posting it as a WIP... and I got stuck... and, like LabRat said about SDB (is that right, Lab? My brain is going to mush at this time of night...), I am finding that I'm going to have to go back and re-write a good chunk, most likely.

Melisma ( grumble about the work, here under her Rock)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: What are your favorite "cliffhangers"? - 05/14/03 08:19 AM
Cliffhangers as in, unfinished stories, or ones that cry out for sequels?

I have to go with Long Strange Trip. That is a painfully good story. I know Leela's working on it, but she's got better intentions than results smile and I really really really wanna know what she's gonna do next.

PJ
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards