Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Taivas Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 07:16 AM
I was told I could advertise for a beta reader for my story here. If anyone is interested please reply here or e-mail me at taivas965@yahoo.com.

The title of the story is "Reflections" and the first part has already been posted.

Thank you.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 08:50 AM
Well, I've got some spare time at the moment I could use on beta-reading if you still want one.

I'll offer encouragement, tell you what I think works, what I think doesn't, pick up typos, errors in grammar and punctuation, brainstorm with you when the Muse is on strike or the plot is stalled, give constructive cricitism if I feel it's required and pretty much suggest ideas on anything that comes to mind as I read. laugh

So if you can cope with that (given the proviso that you're under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to listen to anything I say <G>) and still want help, mail me at the eddress below. smile

LabRat
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk
Posted By: Elena Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 09:28 AM
I've got some spare time at the moment
Yeah, and I'm Tempus. smile1
Posted By: rivka Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 10:03 AM
I am SO tempted! But I really have to study for that test in <ULP> one week!

If you are still looking for a beta after that... smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 12:51 PM
Awwwwwww, shucks, El blush - flattery won't get you nowhere. <G>

LabRat (who's been missing beta reading lately and realised she hadn't any to do, so...)
Posted By: Taivas Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 01:00 PM
Thank Labrat, I will take you up on your offer. Tomorrow I start typing out the next part (I have the whole thing in my head, I just need to get it down on paper :rolleyes:

Hey look, I figured out how to use those moving thingees.

Oh and what does:
Rat!!! SDB!!!! wildguy wildguy wildguy

mean?
Posted By: KathyB Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 01:35 PM
Translation: "LabRat, if you don't stop distracting yourself with other things and get back to writing "Second Degree Burns", the sequel to your story "Burnout", we will hunt you down with sharp implements and do you serious damage."

laugh

Kathy
Posted By: LabRat Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 01:43 PM
ROTFL, Kathy!

Taivas, I'm being nagged. And quite rightly so. Second Degree Burns (or SDB) was begun as a sequel to Burnout so many years ago I don't even want to think about it. blush

I'm deeply, deeply ashamed. <g>

LabRat smile (who says it's still next on the list...)
Posted By: Shadow Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 03:08 PM
Let's see now...it says on the Archive that Burnout was submitted May 1999 and...kidding. I'm part of the Ultimate Fanfic Procrastinators Club so I really have no right to nag you. But hey, your lack of sequel gives me more time to read Burnout again. <g>
Posted By: KathyB Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 03:17 PM
1999? Oh, pshaw, that's nothing! I wrote my nfic Winners in 1996 and I still haven't finished the sequel and prequel that I have partially completed. If you're in trouble, what does that make me??

No, wait ... don't answer that ...

Kathy wink
Posted By: Eccentric Musician Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/07/03 04:15 PM
Well, *I'm* not writing anything at the moment. goofy

Yes, I'd very much like to help you out. wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/08/03 02:12 AM
Let's see now...it says on the Archive that Burnout was submitted May 1999 and...kidding. I'm part of the Ultimate Fanfic Procrastinators Club so I really have no right to nag you. But hey, your lack of sequel gives me more time to read Burnout again. <g>
LOL, Jen - really? Seems much longer. goofy I wrote the first third of SDB a week later - and have about two thirds written by now. However, getting it finished and posted isn't really helped by the sudden realization a month ago that it was entirely boring and predictable as written and I should really junk it and start from scratch. <g>

It's still on the list to be next though. laugh
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/08/03 08:54 AM
Um,

I have a bit of time right now, because a few of the people I bet read for aren't currently writing anything. I'd be happy to do it. <g> Of course wink it might mean a delay on Little Girl Lost, but since I've just finished final exams and barely started on Chapter 4 anyway, I'm not sure it'd be a bigger delay.

Laura (who misses her old nick)
Posted By: Taivas Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/09/03 06:59 AM
To answer Laura, if you still wish I will send you the next part to beta read along with Labrat. Thank you for the offer. I'm trying to write a part a week, just so you know.

So out of curiousity, what was your old nick?
Posted By: Melisma Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/09/03 05:41 PM
Um, Laura, don't yoiu *dare* do anything to distract yourself from Little Girl Lost!!!!! I wanna know what happens next...

Melisma (whining here under her Rock)
Posted By: Taivas Re: Need Beta Reader - 05/14/03 09:20 AM
TO Laura:

I have sent out Chapter Two for Beta reading, but I don't have your e-mail address. If you still want to beta read, please post your e-mail here
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards