Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Phoenix Rising Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/22/05 12:34 PM
Well, I've gone and done it again. I've started a new story. Oy. You'd think I'd have learned with Dementia about how hard writing can be... I guess not. laugh So proud of myself now... Anyways, there used to be a prologue, but Lab talked me out of it. Thank her, would you? It wasn't that great of a hook, but now there's a better hook. One that makes more sense, actually.

Anyways, I'd better let you guys talk instead of rambling around on my own... but Lab Rat is the one who took this from the struggles of a teenager to writing I can be proud of. thumbsup Lab!
Posted By: IreneD Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/22/05 03:26 PM
Very intriguing start! I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Gee! I wonder if the writer hates algebra as much as Sabriel does....

Good job!
love,
Mom
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/22/05 04:56 PM
Wow, Phoenix! This is fantastic - really, really well written (no surprise there! wink ) and very intriguing. So who is this Griffin who behaves like a mediaevel knight? And how come he can fly?

Yeah, yeah, I know: wait for more of the story. razz Okay, I'll try. But so far you get an A+ from me for catching my interest and making me envious of your talent. goofy

Wendy smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/23/05 03:18 AM
Phoenix

WOW! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool
Posted By: LabRat Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/23/05 05:25 AM
Well, you know I like it, Kathleen. <g> As I said, it reminds me particularly of Alan Garner's novels in atmosphere. Your characters are likeable and intriguing and I'm eager to see where you take them next and what adventures await them there. smile1

LabRat smile
Posted By: Julie S Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/23/05 11:52 AM
This is a really intiguing start! I love this first chapter. I'm already curiously speculating on what might happen and what explanations you'll provide for everything... (course, I'm probably wrong in my speculations <g>)

It's really well written, you have a great vocabulary. *envies* wink

I'll be looking forward to you posting more! smile

Julie smile
Posted By: Phoenix Rising Re: Betwixt Chapter One Comments - 10/23/05 12:33 PM
Yes mom, I hate algebra. I also hate my math teacher, but you know that already. ::shifty eyes::

Ah... Griffin can't fly. You'll see. And I've finished chapter two, so once Lab Rat finishes with it... Lab? I sent it to you today, but don't hurry, I want to work on chapter three and my brain's melted! Gah! Homework! splat That's me with homework! Nyah! Run for your lives!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards