Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ChiefPam FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/27/05 07:37 PM
Rotten tomatoes go here. Just remember, I was young and innocent when I wrote this... peep

It's Wendy's fault that I posted this, go blame her wink

PJ
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/27/05 08:07 PM
Well, well... smile1

Sara laugh

Ooh... PS: Almost forgot the obligatory "Wow! You've gotten a *lot* better!!!!" But, truly, you have! smile Now if only I had some HU to read... *heavy dramatic sigh* wink
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/27/05 10:28 PM
Thanks so much for posting this warts and all. smile1

Wendy smile
Posted By: Onaleia Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/27/05 10:52 PM
I like it. I'd like to read the rest of it. smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/28/05 03:43 PM
Okay, that's good. You've definitely improved, but it's still very good. I think you have it in you smile

I'd like to see the rest... and even more of it!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. (who was one year old in 1989 laugh )
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/28/05 04:10 PM
Okay, Pam, you can't leave it half done. Let's see the rest.

Nan
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/28/05 09:11 PM
/me peeks back into the thread...

Thanks, guys, for being kind about this <g>

Interesting premise... are you sure this is completed in two parts? Seems like quite a set-up you have here. Or are the two parts consisting of everything that was finished?
Um. Well, the entire big picture goes on for years. This particular section of it only goes for a few days. See, this is the fantasy universe I'd play with in my head -- anytime I was bored, or waiting in line, or whatever, I'd think about all the fun stuff that could happen on Mars. It got pretty complicated. But this one is the only bit that actually got written.

So. Interesting situation here! As Sara said, I can't quite see how you'll finish it off in one more part. Although the romantic tension between Paula and Robert is fun, what really fascinates me is the political situation you've drawn. Typical colonisation: natives get treated like crap while the invaders/colonists get the best of everything. So, is Paula going to write about the injustices?
Oh, good, it didn't sound totally crappy and unrealistic laugh I'd had moments of doubt, typing it in... And Paula goes on to a big future, but it won't be shown in this story. smile

Thanks, Onaleia smile (pretty name!) Thanks, Anna, for making me feel really old laugh Okay, Nan, the rest is coming up...

PJ
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/29/05 07:53 AM
Aha, so here's the rest!

Just as good as the first part. No, that's a lie. This one's better smile I'd be delighted if I ever reached that kind of quality in my writing smile

This is an excellent story (and I wouldn't object to seeing more, if you have something in mind smile ). Not to mention, it's so L&Cy it's almost scary. Your nick wouldn't happen to be Cassandra, would it? wink

Keep writing (anything!).
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

P.S.: You're welcome laugh
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 05/29/05 09:51 PM
Ooh! Part 2! goofy

Thanks for the glimpse into your earlier writing, Pam!

Wendy smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 06/01/05 10:54 AM
Very good story/universe. Would love to see more of it.

Some interesting parallels between Nan's Slave Race/Terran Underground and this story.

-A kidnapping/abduction by the nice guys.
-second class citizens
-Soulmates/spiritual bonding(also L&Cy)
-Underground revolutionaries

I guess that I must really like those kind of stories...

James
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 06/01/05 11:03 AM
Thanks, James... I guess this is just more proof that I want to be Nan when I grow up! laugh

Thanks Wendy & Anna, too -- I appreciate you reading my little vanity project smile

PJ
Posted By: EmilyH Re: FDK: Mars Weekend - 06/05/05 10:25 PM
That was a good story. It didn't seem quite finished, though. wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards