Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mouserocks The Amazing Clark Kent! - 05/14/17 04:02 AM
Just had an idea pop into my head. For as often as it happens, Clark hardly gets questioned on how he manages to get out of all the scrapes he and Lois get into. What if he absently remarks that he used to perform magic? Houdini didn't escape as many traps as Clark.

I'm always fascinated by the idea of superheroes pretending they're just really dope magicians. grin
Posted By: TaliaJoy Re: The Amazing Clark Kent! - 06/06/17 05:05 AM
I like the idea! Sorry for the pointless post, but I just had to share this Bronze Age cover:

[Linked Image]

Never read the story but can't say it doesn't make the concept seem interesting! lol
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: The Amazing Clark Kent! - 06/06/17 10:09 AM
I haven't read that story either; I'm guessing that Clark used one of his Superman, and that this is Clark's way of disproving (yet again) that he is Superman. Since it isn't generally known that he has robots, people would figure that the secret to the trick is that Superman actually agreed to pretend to be a puppet to help out his friend. (Maybe the show is part of a charity fund-raiser.)

If anyone has actually read the comic, how close did I get? Either way, it does look like a fun read. Thanks for sharing the cover.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: The Amazing Clark Kent! - 06/13/17 07:29 AM
rotflol "Mad magician" is right... that suit alone is bananas!! rotflol

This is great! Would love to check it out sometime!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards