Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: IolantheAlias How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/05/15 01:47 AM
This isn't so much a challenge as it is a request.

I've been wondering... how did Clark find out he could fly? They did a bit of it in "Superman Returns", but how did our LnC Clark find it out?

I'd be interested in hearing various takes on it.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/05/15 01:56 AM
Since the show is moot on this point, it's anybody's guess. My take: He climbed a tree to rescue a cat who couldn't figure out how to get down. He managed to calm the feline and to get a hold of it, but he slipped on his way down. He only fell about halfway, and then instinct took over and the next thing he knew, he and the cat were both on the tree limb once again.

Joy,
Lynn
In Specimen S, I had Clark start to float in his sleep, bonk his head on the ceiling, and wake up to the knowledge that he could fly.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/05/15 05:09 AM
In Wrong Clark, Alt-Clark learned he could fly after Lana kissed his cheek on prom night. Here's the paragraph:
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark
Returning to the Ross Farm that night, Clark had taken off into a dead run on the old country road and with one of his leaps of happiness that Lana had kissed his cheek, he had found himself airborne. For the first time in his life, he had felt free.
The truck had broken down after he'd dropped Lana off at her house.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/05/15 01:13 PM
One of the funniest scenarios I've read was in Shayne Terry's story 'Homecoming'.

They didn’t come down. Instead, they simply hung in the night sky motionless against the stars.

“Don’t worry,” Clark said. “I’ve got you.”

“Who’s got you?” Lois couldn’t help that her voice sounded a little shrill and hysterical.

“Uh…I don’t know,” he admitted. “This is new.”

I loved this one!

In my story 'Panem', Clark discovers his ability to fly when he jumps into a tree to prune out some dead wood, misjudges the height of his leap and goes over the tree, and floats instead of falling.
Posted By: Morgana Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/05/15 02:12 PM
In the show, Martha only says that Clark learned to fly at eighteen, happily leaving us to come up with all these great ideas!!!! party
Posted By: LabRat Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/09/15 10:50 AM
Given the propensity for the subconscious mind to process things before the conscious and that Clark has shown a habit of floating in his sleep, I suspect teenage Clark woke one morning to find himself on the ceiling. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: How did Clark discover he could fly? - 04/10/15 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by LabRat
Given the propensity for the subconscious mind to process things before the conscious and that Clark has shown a habit of floating in his sleep, I suspect teenage Clark woke one morning to find himself on the ceiling.
If I recall correctly, that's what happened on Smallville. It was funny because Clark was scared of heights.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards