Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HappyGirl First line challenge - 10/05/13 09:27 PM
A while back Queenie posted a challenge with just one parameter: the opening line. You can see some of the results in the archive under the title "Cold and Blood."

Here's a new challenge along the same lines. Any length, any characters, any tone your muse desires. The only rule is to start with this line: "You take the keys."

Have at it!

Happy
Posted By: Shallowford Re: First line challenge - 10/15/13 03:13 AM
Yep. Evil. This writing thing, or thinking about writing thing in my case, is evil. Laying in bed, minding my own business...this scene kept coming back to me. It'll be short but I've got a post coming on this one.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: First line challenge - 10/15/13 07:06 PM
Ooh! Must have missed this one! Sounds like fun, and it's an interesting idea. I'll have to let it percolate a little while and then debate writing a short from it... Who knows what mood this might find me in. evil
Posted By: Morgana Re: First line challenge - 10/16/13 06:54 PM
This has all the earmarks of dangerous intrigue!!!
I gotta finish fixing Countermeasures! whinging
Posted By: Shallowford Re: First line challenge - 12/10/13 10:39 AM
It isn't as long as I'd like but I think you'll get the drift.

Why you Don\'t Tug on Lois\'s Key Ring .
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: First line challenge - 12/17/13 07:26 PM
My response to the challenge is too short to warrant posting in the fiction folder. This ficlet assumes that things had gone a little differently than canon at the end of "It's a Small World After All." It takes place in the bullpen after the episode ends.

All Keyed Up and No Place to Go (1/1)
by Lynn S. M.

"You take the keys," Lois declared. "You can leap tall typewriters in a single bound. If you type out a note, maybe someone will finally notice that we need another dose of the shrinking antidote. It would have been nice if Bernie had mentioned that we might suffer a relapse."

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: First line challenge - 12/17/13 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
All Keyed Up and No Place to Go (1/1)
by Lynn S. M.

"You take the keys," Lois declared. "You can leap tall typewriters in a single bound. If you type out a note, maybe someone will finally notice that we need another dose of the shrinking antidote. It would have been nice if Bernie had mentioned that we might suffer a relapse."
clap huh
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: First line challenge - 12/18/13 04:48 AM
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
One question though, did Lois ever get dosed in the first place? huh
Nope. That's why I prefaced the ficlet with:
This ficlet assumes that things had gone a little differently than canon at the end of "It's a Small World After All."
Glad you enjoyed it. smile

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards