Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 04:39 PM
It's been a little dark on the boards lately. With the beginning of Spring, and to go along with Lynn's April Fool\'s Challenge , I hereby issue a request for something lighter... laughter!

All of you in the need to tickle someone's funny bone, please do so! Mine is rusting from lack of use.

While I know many of you are trying to catch up on your Kerth Award reading, please try to write something. Come on, people, I'm getting depressed here! If you can't think of a full story, I'm sure the Kerth Award committee would also be willing to take corny jokes and funny adverts. sloppy from Lois or Clark (your choice), if you also then send your posted story to LabRat at the Archives before May 30th. wink
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 04:47 PM
Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. peep

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Sorry. I couldn't resist. If it makes things any better, I do have an idea for a (hopefully) humorous vignette I am kicking around, and once I take (and, hopefully, pass) a re-certification exam I'm studying for, I might even have time to write it up. The exam is in early April, so we'll see how things go.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 04:58 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
<strong> Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. Something funny. clap laugh Thanks, Lynn. I deserved that. For some reason, I knew that you'd try for that 10 word limit. wink
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 05:08 PM
Thanks, Virginia. Or if you want something L&C-related:

A name for Lois and Clark's child: Ralph Lex Kent.

Admittedly, it's more worthy of cringes than laughs, but it does stick with the theme and keep to the minimum word limit.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 05:35 PM
I'm quite partial to the name Lex wink
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 06:23 PM
That's OK, Mrs. Luthor. I'm partial to the name "Ralph," myself. (It was my father's name.) But -- call me crazy -- I don't think either Lois or Clark would like either name.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Thanks, Virginia. Or if you want something L&C-related:

A name for Lois and Clark's child: Ralph Lex Kent.

Admittedly, it's more worthy of cringes than laughs, but it does stick with the theme and keep to the minimum word limit.

Joy,
Lynn
clap But you're missing the "Junior". laugh
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/22/13 07:20 PM
Virginia, I love this idea! I've got lots of little fics in the works, trouble is with work and school I'm barely able to jot down a few lines of each before having to run off and do something else. Since I got the week off, I might start investing in some of those (along with finally finishing "Madness" and doing some extra drawing and making my portfolio for my potential internship opportunity at PIXAR /fingers crossed/ and also making sure my schedule's all set for next quarter)... phew. And all in one week's time!! I might go mad myself. wink I'm just so excited to finally have the time to do things that I want to do everything! Even though it's only a week. Man, I got to get some stuff together. shock

But, to get back on track from my rambling to do list that is now kinda freaking me out, I might have something for you to post up in April. laugh

Oh! And archives. I gotta archive a LOT of stuff still. Yeah. blush blush
Posted By: Classicalla Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/23/13 12:23 PM
Oh, yes, I need to archive some stuff, too. I really do.

A comedy. Hmmm.....
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 03/24/13 05:34 PM
bakasi has stepped up to the plate with The Lunkheads . clap Check it out!
Posted By: John Lambert Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/04/13 06:56 PM
I might try participating in this challenge.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/05/13 01:22 AM
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I might try participating in this challenge.
I hope you do, John. smile1

Others, who had contributed to the month of bringing smiles to our lips, include:

The Revenge by Queen of Capes

The Crush by bakasi

Loveable dreamed up by Mary "Queen of Capes" Potts and helped along by Bobbart.

Taking the Shortcut by IolantheAlias

Keep the comedies coming, and I'll keep adding them to this thread for easy access, whether you like it or not. wink

Remember, people, you have until April 31st to get those funnies in. Perhaps a good tax return tale for mid-April would brighten our faces... hey, wasn't Clark doing his taxes that night Lois was supposed to go Madame Butterfly with Lex and they all got caught in a hostage situation? Hmmmmm.
Posted By: Morgana Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/06/13 02:56 PM
Virginia and company.

I don't have a comedy, but would a sweet fairytale fit the bill?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/06/13 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Morgana:
I don't have a comedy, but would a sweet fairytale fit the bill?
A "sweet" fairytale doesn't quite fit the parameters of this challenge but is always welcome, especially after a long dark winter. Bring it on! smile1
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/06/13 10:13 PM
Bobbart has joined in on our game with this funny story about mix-ups: Memories
Posted By: Lonnie Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/07/13 07:09 AM
I got something for the April challenge, but need someone to look it over. It's about 4 pages in word format. Any takers?

Lonnie
Posted By: Morgana Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/07/13 02:04 PM
OK. My little story should make its appearance soon.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/09/13 01:17 PM
Lonnie has joined in on our fun with: The Egg . CAUTION: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. This story may cause your co-workers, spouse, or children to look at you strangely as you rotflol
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/10/13 03:36 PM
Classicalla has brought us comedic vignette disguised as WAFF in Kiss . clap
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/12/13 09:53 AM
Three more comedies have been added in the last 24 hours.

KenJ has brought another installment of Hattie and Kents in Game Night . Hattie once again proves she should be Lois Lane's heir apparent for the Mad Dog title! Ken, are you sure she isn't a Lois clone?

Mouserocks pranks you very much in Aftershocks clap
Posted By: LabRat Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/13/13 08:42 AM
EXTRA CREDIT: You will receive an extra [Sloppy] from Lois or Clark (your choice), if you also then send your posted story to LabRat at the Archives before May 30th. [Wink]
thumbsup

Virginia receives extra credit for promoting the Archive with extra credit. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/13/13 11:39 AM
Originally posted by LabRat:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXTRA CREDIT: You will receive an extra [Sloppy] from Lois or Clark (your choice), if you also then send your posted story to LabRat at the Archives before May 30th. [Wink]
smile1 Shucky darn.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/13/13 05:26 PM
EXTRA CREDIT: You will receive an extra from Lois or Clark (your choice), if you also then send your posted story to LabRat at the Archives before May 30th.
dance Yay for me! Extra credit! (was a teacher's pet :p ) I'm really gonna start to stay on top of it this year... Labby knows my shame already (I know, I know-- nine at a time is hecka bad). How much extra credit do I need to make up for that? blush
Posted By: KenJ Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/14/13 11:54 AM
Well, as a lot of those that have posted on this thread already know, I decided to throw my story into the ring.

You can find my story Game Night here
Posted By: LabRat Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/14/13 12:15 PM
Labby knows my shame already (I know, I know-- nine at a time is hecka bad)
Mouse, in the last month, you've just about kept the Archive afloat all on your ownsome. sloppy

<-------------- not complaining.

You can send in nine more any time you like. wink

LabRat :-)
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/14/13 01:41 PM
Originally posted by KenJ:
Well, as a lot of those that have posted on this thread already know, I decided to throw my story into the ring.

You can find my story Game Night here
Hey, Ken, I didn't forget you. You just needed to scroll up higher:

From April 12th:
KenJ has brought another installment of Hattie and Kents in Game Night . Hattie once again proves she should be Lois Lane's heir apparent for the Mad Dog title! Ken, are you sure she isn't a Lois clone?
wave

Labby: Just realized I have one on the boards I didn't send over to you. wallbash I'll prep it and send it on over soon. I hope I don't find your inbox full. wink
Posted By: KenJ Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/14/13 05:07 PM
Virginia,

My most profound apologies. I had not read all of the posts. grovel grovel
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/15/13 10:33 AM
MouseRocks has brought us another piece of good advice with Driving Lessons . smile1
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/20/13 11:35 PM
Lynn has followed up her hugely successful stories "Something Funny" and "Ralph Lex" (see above) with a completely unrelated fic: The (Semi-)Annual Safety Seminar .
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/22/13 04:10 PM
mrsMxyzptlk has been taking lessons from her husband to produce Not A Day At The Beach . Kind of makes you appreciate H.G. Wells, doesn't it? wink
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 04/30/13 02:43 PM
It's the last Day of April. Time to put those finishing touches on your comedies* before it's time to move onto May\'s WAFFy\'s Challenge or for you non-romantically inclined Queenie's Anti-WAFF Bizarro Evil Challenge .

*Feel free to post your fic at any time, especially comedies, which are needed year-around. smile1
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 05/03/13 04:25 PM
Thanks all who participated in the April Comedy Challenge. clap Remember to get those stories in to Labrat over at the Archives , and watch out comedy Kerth Award category next year! notworthy

Don't forget to keep up our smiles, this time with an added Awwwwwwwwwwwwww or tug on our heartstrings for the May WAFFy Challenge !
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: April Comedy Challenge - 07/10/13 06:23 PM
Okay, I know April was like... 3-ish months ago, but RodStewFan just posted a funny story, which definitely falls into the "prank" category. evil SOLD! To the Highest Bidder . And I did say that stories could be posted at any time. Enjoy. laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards