Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mouserocks Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/11/12 10:46 PM
After watching "Requiem for a Superhero" I picked up on something I never noticed before: Lex has a puppy!

If it was ever mentioned on the show (and I don't know if it was mentioned or not), please let me know, but otherwise... does anybody have any interesting ideas for what Lex might name a dog of his? Shredder? Killer? I'd like to see something more clever than that... so whatever ideas you might have, please donate to this thread!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/11/12 10:49 PM
Cash
Bill (as in short for billions)
Rex (cause Lex loves those names with X's in them)
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 01:39 AM
Brutus? (After all, he does quote from 'Julius Caesar' when he sees Mrs. Cox in handcuffs.)
Cassius? (Because he's often mentioned in the same breath as Brutus in said play...)

Of course, I could also see him name the dog after a great king of old. (And, yes, I see the dog as male - I can't imagine Lex preferring a female dog over a male one.)

I think the perfect name is Midas. (The king who turned everything he touched to gold...)
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 05:10 AM
I like DC's suggestion of "Rex." Not only does it sound like "Lex," it means "king" in Latin.

My ideas:
1) Cerberus

2) Depending on when he named the dog vs. when he learned about a certain green rock, he might name the dog "Krypto," short for "Kryptonite." (For those who haven't read the comics, Superman had at one point had a dog named "Krypto," so there is an irony here of which Tempus would be proud.) Also, the prefix crypto means "hidden" or "secret."

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: LabRat Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 07:47 AM
Maximillion. laugh Or perhaps Maxibillion might be more appropriate in Lex's case. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: Sydney Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 11:29 AM
Hades (the god of death)

Evil.

evil
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 03:30 PM
What sort of dog does it seem to be?
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 03:55 PM
I'm not sure of the exact breed, but here's a really great screengrab of it.

Lex\'s Pooch
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
What sort of dog does it seem to be?
Since DC's photo grab doesn't show. It's a golden lab or retriever type dog, if I remember correctly.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 09:28 PM
clap All good names! Heehee... Maxibillion. laugh

Marcus, I'm pretty sure it's a yellow lab, too.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/12/12 09:59 PM
I think it's a mix breed. Looks like a lab, but has that white in it too...Not something I've seen much on a lab. I almost want to say part Boxer (which would *really* be ironic since the episode is about boxers).
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/13/12 04:08 AM
I think it is part boxer, or maybe even part pit bull. Either one would be appropriate.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/13/12 05:46 AM
King of old plus "X" name = Xerxes!
Posted By: LabRat Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/13/12 09:09 AM
Looks like a lab, but has that white in it too...Not something I've seen much on a lab.
Might depend how young it is. I can't say I remember it at all. Homer

<---------- laugh

is a pure bred lab, but he was all white until he was about three or four, then his colour deepened to yellow on top and he's still white on his legs and haunches even now, at 12 YO.

LabRat smile
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/13/12 03:28 PM
Knew I had this in my photobucket somewhere, just a pity it took so long to figure out the darn password. :p

[Linked Image]

He looks like a Steve to me. smile
Posted By: Christina Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 06/13/12 05:48 PM
While we have no way to know for certain, do you think Arianna could have been the one to get the dog for him? (just speculating.)

My mental backstory for the "big guy" is that he is a mutt that Luthor couldn't get rid of and it's tenacity was intriguing to him.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 08/16/12 12:12 AM
In Wrong Clark, he is known as Xerxes; named after an ancient king of Persia. (2 x's Lex would have liked that.)
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 08/16/12 12:39 AM
The fur looks too short to be full lab, though my black lab mix has really short hair similar to that.

It may be the angle, but the face more flat than a lab. It does kind of look like it might be part pitbull in the snout and ear area, as well as the fur type.

I almost want to say it's a pitbull/lab mix, but maybe even part boxer rather than pitbull. With those features, boxer seems more likely.
Posted By: Sydney Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 08/16/12 07:01 AM
In Wrong Clark, he is known as Xerxes; named after an ancient king of Persia. (2 x's Lex would have liked that.)
Very good name, Virginia : Xerxes was non only a king of Persia but he was also a megalomaniac who thought that he was better than the gods...

wave
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Lex Luthor's Dog - 08/16/12 10:36 AM
Xerxes was also called Ahashuerus, and features prominently in the biblical book of Esther.

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards