Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Framework4 Next Gen tales - 06/21/08 06:14 PM
Folks,

Here is an image perhaps useful as a next gen supersuit. Say for Superman's daughter.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beth S. Re: Next Gen tales - 06/21/08 07:37 PM
Does this come with matching underwear? Somehow, I have a hard time believing that Clark would agree to his daughter flying high above the population in a mini skirt without some type of protection. laugh
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/22/08 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Beth S.:
Does this come with matching underwear?
If you write the tale then I'm sure you can give her some of the matching undershorts that dancers wear.

If one of the Nfic folks write the tale....
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Next Gen tales - 06/22/08 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Framework4:
If you write the tale then I'm sure you can give her some of the matching undershorts that dancers wear.

shock shock shock
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Next Gen tales - 06/23/08 09:18 AM
Damned if I know how I know this, but I seem to recall reading that cheerleaders, ice skaters, gymnasts etc. who have to perform in short skirts wear special overpants over their underwear to ensure decency. Can't remember the name, but there was an actual name for them.

Save the cheerleader, save the world...
Posted By: Beth S. Re: Next Gen tales - 06/24/08 09:08 PM
Darn it! The wardrobe of my Miss Kent has been nailed down since Honesty was uploaded to the archive. And not a miniskirt in sight. But maybe Ellie can have a flashback with some vetoed designs or something...

Wow. I am so curious to see what kind of story that would turn out to be. eek
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/25/08 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Beth S.:
Darn it! The wardrobe of my Miss Kent has been nailed down since Honesty was uploaded to the archive. And not a miniskirt in sight. But maybe Ellie can have a flashback with some vetoed designs or something...
That would be fun!

In the comics they had PowerGirl wear a number of variant costumes and one explanation given was that like any woman she liked variety.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Next Gen tales - 06/25/08 08:57 AM
Wikipedia to the rescue, in the entry on Lingerie

Spanky-Pants, "Spankies" (color-coordinated underpants worn by cheerleaders)
Posted By: carolm Re: Next Gen tales - 06/25/08 11:31 AM
We called them bloomers iirc. huh
Posted By: TOC Re: Next Gen tales - 06/26/08 04:26 AM
Well, I think the girl that Patrick showed us looks pretty, and her dress is not at all unlike the dress that Supergirl used to wear in the sixties, when I was a kid. That Supergirl had a mini-skirt, too! Although her boots did not have high heels. And she wouldn't strike the sort of poses that the girl in Patrick's image is doing.

[Linked Image]

This is what Supergirl looked like when I was a kid. Although I certainly don't remember her turning her boyfriends to stone!!!! shock shock shock

Hmmmm... and... this is something I can't post here, not even as a link. But the other day I was googling for pictures showing Superman in love, and I came upon... a photo of a girl wearing the Superman suit. Except, hmmm, the suit was painted on her naked body. Essentially she was wearing nothing but super body paint!!!

Now I'm sure that Clark would never allow his teenage daughter to show herself in public wearing that!!! eek eek eek

Ann
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Next Gen tales - 06/26/08 08:33 PM
I'm just taking another look at the pic Patrick posted. We've all been paying attention to the outfit. But is that Kristin Kreuk (aka Lana Lang on Smallville)in the picture?
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/26/08 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Classicalla:
is that Kristin Kreuk (aka Lana Lang on Smallville)in the picture?
Yes
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Next Gen tales - 06/27/08 09:43 AM
Actually that might be an interesting Next Gen story - son/daughter of L&C falls for daughter/son of Lana and whoever she married (can't remember).
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Next Gen tales - 06/27/08 08:29 PM
Lana and whoever she married (can't remember)
That depends on whether it's in the comics (not sure she ever married there), Superman 3 (don't remember the guy's name), or Smallville (she married Lex Luthor).
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Next Gen tales - 06/28/08 03:05 AM
In the current comics continuity she married Pete Ross, one of Clark's friends from Smallville, but they eventually divorced. They had one son named Clark - presumably CK was the godfather. Pete is bringing him up while Lana pursues her career. Ross was a senator under President Luthor (the comics universe is VERY different from L&C in this respect) and learned Clark's identity from Luthor, although Luthor was subsequently memory-wiped so he forgot.

There have been numerous variations in the comics, films, etc, in different eras, of course.

I did think that in the Lana episode of L&C they mentioned that the L&C version was engaged to someone, but apparently not.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/28/08 10:14 AM
Another costume idea.

[img]http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/solissf_2004_100676776[/img]
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Next Gen tales - 06/28/08 07:35 PM
I did think that in the Lana episode of L&C they mentioned that the L&C version was engaged to someone, but apparently not.
Yeah, now that you mention it, she was. Clark had been invited to the wedding.

I like that pic, Patrick.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/29/08 11:09 PM
Here is another, this one by someone named Ether

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Next Gen tales - 06/29/08 11:14 PM
And this one is Cir-El a onetime "daugher" of
Superman in the comics.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: Next Gen tales - 06/30/08 03:29 AM
I never liked Cir-El, but the red-and-yellow outfit is absolutely great - especially for a supergirl in her very early teens. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards