Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 05/04/07 09:05 AM
Okay last weeks theme bombed a bit. Seems I was a bit too specific. ^_~

If you don't know the rules go here to read them.

This weeks theme: Best

CUTTOFF DATE: 6/04/07

I'm going to take a Drabble Hiatus while everyone catches up. If there is still interest I'll start posting again in 2 weeks.

Also, I need help with descriptions for the archive. I need one for #1 and #2. I'm terrible at these things so if anyone has some suggestions I'm open. ^_~
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 05/04/07 10:42 AM
Lois escaped the clutches of her husband and hid in the bathroom. Making sure she was all alone, she pulled a single solitary bar from her purse. Adoringly, she caressed the crinkly wrapper. "Don't worry, I may have married him, but I still love you the best!"

Fifteen seconds later, she gazed longingly at the empty wrapper. After a couple of moments alone, she threw the wrapper away and exited the bathroom to come face to face with her husband's chest. Startled, she hastily wiped her face. "It was lies, all lies!"

--

Sleep Deprivation ahoyhoy!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 05/04/07 11:09 AM
Mmmmm! Chocolate! wink

Here's mine (it comes with a little happy dance, 'cause I'm all excited that I was able to come up with something this time around!)

~.~­.~.~.~

"It's smaller than I thought," Clark had commented, holding up his Kerth award.

He couldn’t have been more wrong, Lois thought, still hanging on his arm decoratively. There was nothing small about it. It was huge.

"You win a few of these, you find out they don't mean much," she lied.

Oh, she was proud of him, of course. He was her partner, after all. But this award – the one she hadn’t even been nominated for – had a lot more meaning than Clark knew. It stood as proof that Lois Lane was no longer the one, the only, the best.

~.~­.~.~.~
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/09/07 07:54 PM
Very late, but the idea for this one just came to me.

Legacy

It’s been weeks since she left him, abandoned him to go back to her own version of him. In that time he’s researched, listened, looked, read everything the other she ever wrote.

Brilliant, funny, driven, accomplished, beautiful, maddening, clever, stubborn, a genius with words... the adjectives pour in. In some quarters, she was hated as much as she was loved in others. Even her friends admit her flaws, as much as they’re steadfastly loyal. And they miss her still. Grieve for her still, though it’s been three years.

One thing’s blindingly obvious. In any universe, Lois Lane is the best.

end
Posted By: Matrix Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/09/07 08:28 PM
peep

I'm sorry... what are the rules for posting fdk on these? I'm not here to post one... but I just had to say that these were great!

Cat - yours completely cracked me up...

Lara - yours was delightfully insightful

Wendy - yours was painfully depressing <LOL - but I loved it anyway - sigh... poor alt-Clark>

Loved them!

-- DJ <who slinks out of the thread that she didn't really contribute to>
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/09/07 09:20 PM
You can post them in here DJ. ^_^

Although if you want to write some you can. Any of the ones that haven't been sent to the archive... which are 3 on.

I want to get at least 10 entries for each one... and a lot of people quit before that. *sniff*
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/09/07 10:51 PM
Okay, I'll bite the bait!

Here's mine:

Who would have ever thought that Lois Lane was capable of it? She was stubborn, independent, and uncompromising. She didn’t need *anyone*! Her career was her life, she didn’t have friends, and she didn’t have boyfriends, either. She had family, but hardly ever saw them.

So it was shocking when it happened. Whatever his trick was, it must be pretty special. *He* must be pretty special to draw her attention.

Cat shook her head in wonder as she watched them leave the newsroom together. How in the world did Clark Kent become Lois Lane’s best friend?
Posted By: Laura S Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/12/07 02:24 PM
Okay, I want to see more drabbles posted to the archives, so I'm adding my paltry contribution. smile We're... sort of close to ten now, aren't we? It took me a while, but all of a sudden I got an idea to go with "best."

Clark watched in a sort of horrified resignation as his mother disappeared into her sewing room. This time she had spoken in that mom tone, the one that brooked absolutely no argument. He peeked inside. His mom was buried under red fabric, hemming and turning the fire engine red material into a vaguely cape-like shape.

“Um… Mom, you know I love you. And the costume is great. But… is the cape absolutely necessary?”

Martha looked up from her sewing, annoyed at the interruption. “Of course it is, Clark.”

Clark accepted defeat. How could he argue? His mother always knew best.
Posted By: BJ Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/23/07 04:04 PM
The muse whispered this little drabble in my ear but forgot that it needed to relate to the topic. Eh, hope it's acceptable.

"You always find the *best* food."

I grin at her satisfied sigh and appreciative words. "Glad you liked it."

She glances at the stacks of research representing our stalled investigation, grimaces and her eyes drift back to mine. "So, where'd you get it?"

Inside my stomach drops. I hate lying, especially to Lois. I deflect instead. "Not telling," I quip.

"Come on, tell me."

"Nope."

"Please, Clark?"

"No way, Lois. I'm not telling you all my secrets."

She pouts, but I ignore it and shuffle files. Moments later, I look up into her uncomfortably searching and calculating gaze.

"What secrets?"

Oh boy!

BJ
Posted By: Matrix Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/23/07 04:45 PM
Okay, okay <deep breath> I'll give it a try. I was thinking about "It's A Wonderful Life" and when George was little, he saw a billboard that said... well read on... <g>

Clark wanted to go after her, keep her from walking out the door - out of his life forever. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her - not now. Not after he'd had a taste of what it could be like.

Only the outstretched arm of his father stopped him.

"Son, don't do it."

"But, Dad, I have to stop her. Jennifer makes some of the best food I've ever tasted."

Jonathan shook his head. "But if Lois is going to take cooking lessons, she has to like the teacher."

Clark nodded at him, resigned, realizing 'Father knows best.'

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to write something that's only 100 words long? Huh? Do you? My muse's name is BABBLES!!! *ahem* Anyway, I used WORD and according to WORD, that was 100 words exactly. <whew>

And, btw, George Bailey saw a billboard that read ‘Father knows best’ when he was trying to decide what to do about the poison in the pills. <g>

-- DJ

Oh, and btw, (not that anyone but me cares) but that post was my 2500 post and I am now a PULITZER - WOOHOO!!!! dance dance dance
Posted By: Dandello Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/23/07 10:26 PM
I'm back too! laugh

He was the best of the best. Debonair, articulate, brilliant, ruthless. He was the best. He knew it. The world knew it. Everyone knew it. The third richest man in the world. The wealthiest self-made man on the planet. He collected art and rarities from all times and all places. He collected people too. Only the best of the best were fit to serve him. The most brilliant, the most talented – all his to command.

Few dared to oppose him: an aging editor, two reporters, an annoying alien. They were the best of the best. They mocked him. The best.
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 08/24/07 06:42 PM
There are other challenges to that only have a few responses... you guys are welcome to hop in on those. Starting with #3.
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 01/10/08 09:51 PM
Yay! I did them all! This last one is 94 words:

“Ohhhhhhh,” Lois moaned. “Yes, right there.”

“Like that, do you?” Clark paused his ministrations to rumble in her ear.

She peeked at him with one eye. “Don’t stop on my account.”

“Yes, dear.”

In another few minutes, he did stop. At the lack of protest, he looked at his wife, sprawled on their bed.

“Asleep,” he snorted to himself. Resigned to the fact that they wouldn’t be doing . . . anything tonight, he settled in to sleep himself.

I guess that’s the price I pay, he lamented, for giving naturally heated back rubs.
Posted By: Sue S. Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 01/11/08 08:36 AM
DARCY!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! hyper

And with a really fun story, no less. What I wouldn't give for a naturally heated backrub. wink

It's good to see you on the boards again. sloppy
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Drabble Challenge: #10 Best - 01/11/08 11:39 AM
Hi Sue!

Yeah, I'm (sort of) back. Catching up on the drabble challenges is kind of my way of easing back into L&C fic writing. I might do a vignette or two before I continue my WIP from before.

By the way, did you see the other four drabbles I posted last night? smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards