Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/27/07 09:10 AM
This one should be pretty fun. ^_~

If you don't know the rules go here to read them.

This weeks theme: Soul Mates

CUTTOFF DATE: 5/27/07
Posted By: woody Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/27/07 09:20 AM
Um, we already did laughter.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/27/07 10:02 AM
Woops... slightly longer than 100 words! Oh wells =D

--

The little boy crept through his grandfather's attic. He wasn't supposed to, and he knew it, but he had an inquisitive mind that couldn't be stopped.

His mouth fell open when he saw the most beautiful thing laying on an old trunk. It was so different than the one his mother had, almost as though it were alive.

"What are you doing up here?" The gruff voice made him jump, and he turned a guilty eye on his grandfather. The old man sighed, the anger leaving his face. "My father gave it to me. It was my passion back in the day. I had plans on giving it to your father, but he was never into this sort of thing." He smiled suddenly and reached past the boy to pick up the ancient camera. "Come on, Jimbo. Let's go take some pictures."
Posted By: BJ Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/27/07 11:51 AM
Jojo - what a fun topic this week. thumbsup

Here's one from me for "Soul Mates".

~~~~~
Perry watched the two reporters in hot debate from across the newsroom and smiled.

He remembered the first day of their partnership. Everyone else expected her to chew him up and spit him out, but he knew they would work magic together. One’s quiet strength perfectly balanced the other’s fiery energy. They amazed him constantly with their investigations, consistently scooping the competition and producing award-winning material. He’d be fooled by an Elvis impersonator before he’d consider splitting them up.

Sometimes, however, sparks flew and ignited into dangerous conflagrations … like now. Uh-oh. Time to intervene.

“Norcross, Judd! My office, now!”
~~~~~
laugh
BJ
Posted By: Dandello Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/28/07 12:03 AM
Somehow nouns seem to be easier to work with.
-------------------------------------------

He had traveled the world and seen many things. Met kings and presidents, paupers and whores, saints and sinners. He’d danced with princesses, broken bread with beggars. He’d sat at the feet of wise men who spoke of the transmigration of souls but for all his travels he knew that in all the world he was unique, alone.

Then she walked in the room – dark-haired, beautiful, brilliant, complicated, domineering, uncompromising, pig-headed, stubborn, bold. His heart sang. If it took him a thousand years to convince her, he knew he wouldn’t be alone any more. He had found his soul mate.
twins
Posted By: bakasi Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/29/07 05:50 AM
Soul Mates

He thought he loved irony. But now at the end of his life he was wiser. Soul Mates! He grunted with annoyance. It couldn’t be true. He had been spending years and years to get rid of his two worst enemies. And whenever his dreams had been about to come true they had won after all. To make things worse it weren’t only years of frustration but centuries. Not only had he lost every battle in the past years, but all the previous ones as well. Soul Mates, indeed. New life, new chances, Tempus thought grimly as he passed away.
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/29/07 11:12 PM
Wow jawdrop , there all very good!
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 04/30/07 07:55 AM
clap Very nice everyone! I'll try to come up with mine today. ^_^
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Drabble Challenge: #9 Soul Mates - 01/10/08 09:47 PM
Y'all have probably noticed that I've been trying to stay away from the most common themes and settings for these drabbles. That's because, if I went with the most-used ideas, I don't feel that it would be much of a challenge for me and any drabble I wrote would come out boring--in my eyes anyway. So, I got a little silly with this 70-word offering:

Said left to right, “You’re super.”

“No,” right replied, “We are.”

Left agreed, “Yes, I do believe you are correct. After all, how else could we do all that we do and still be like new?”

“I know not,” said right. “Shall we contemplate this further over a tin of the finest red polish?”

And thus they came together, never to be torn asunder, ere one did meet its end.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards