Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/09/07 09:50 AM
Okay guys, here is the next challenge. smile I'm going to be posting these every Friday per the request of several people. Here are the rules for posting if you haven't had a chance to read them yet:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000615

Theme #2: Weapon

I have some really fun ones planned. They are a bit harder though and I want to wait until everyone is familiar with the idea before posting those. smile

Have fun!!

CUTOFF DATE: 4/13/07
Posted By: bakasi Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/09/07 11:20 AM
Okay, here my take...

***Weapon***

He really should have a license for it, because it was a killer one. Unlike a speeding bullet there was no escape. There was no shelter save enough to not be affected by it. There was no place far enough away to not be attracted towards it. Nothing could help her against it. Unlike anything else he did, he didn’t use this weapon, his worst weapon, carefully. In fact he was rather reckless with it, maybe unaware of its incredible power. While she usually didn’t feel threatened by it, it was hell when he melted away her anger: with his smile.
Posted By: Dandello Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/09/07 11:27 AM
My first drabble

***Weapons***

“It doesn't matter,” she told him. “I know you. And I don't mean you the celebrity or you the 'superhero.' If you had no powers, if you were just an ordinary man leading an ordinary life, I'd love you just the same. Can't you believe that?”

She was using her most potent weapon. Not bullets, not bombs, not kryptonite, nothing that could affect his body. Words were her weapons. And she wielded them with consummate skill. There were few better.

“I wish I could, Lois. But, under the circumstances, I don't see how I can.”

Words were his weapons too.
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/09/07 11:52 AM
Oooh! Catherine must try! Catherine like drabbles...

Weapon:

"How are we gonna make sure ol' Blue Tights won't stop us?” An age old question, asked by countless villains. “What’s his weakness? What would stop him?”

A brunette reporter would inevitably make her way into the conversation. Eventually, someone would point out that if they were forced to actually off the dame, the consequences would be far worse than they dared to imagine. They would blanch at the thought of this possible future, created by the downfall of one reporter and the heartbroken rage of an infinitely powerful being.

Nine out of ten villains preferred their world in tact.
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/09/07 11:53 AM
Aww dandello beat me to the usage... but I'll still post mine. smile Great drabbles so far! I'll post my FDK in one big thread in a bit. laugh

---- Weapon ----
When she was sixteen she joined the school newspaper. Originally it had been to get closer to a boy but after a few articles she had discovered a passion that was greater than a mere teenage boy could give her. For the next ten years it would be the all-consuming love of her life, until a certain brown-eyed man would walk into her life. It was through her pen that Lois found meaning and justice for people who were less fortunate and couldn’t defend themselves. Some people used guns or fist but she used words as her weapon of choice.

I was inspired by a Fall Out Boy song for my usage:

I am an arms dealer.
Fitting you with weapons in the form of words

EDIT: Had to edit it... cause i realized I make a boo boo. laugh
Posted By: Dandello Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/10/07 12:11 AM
Another one

He owned Alexander’s sword, Tell’s crossbow. He owned weapons of every kind, from every nation. Weapons brought power just as money brought power, and what he loved above all else was power. The power to command, power to destroy.

There were few who could resist his power and only one who held more. But he’d thought he’d even had a weapon against that one. How could compassion, love, overcome the power to destroy the world?

But she told him no and walked into the arms of her bespectacled beloved. Someone else wielded that weapon against him. And he hated it.

Still polishing.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/10/07 03:08 AM
Very interesting, Barbara.

Oooh, Dandello. I like Weapons. Yes, words are a powerful thing.

Nice, Catherine. Also nice, Jo-Jo.

The Lex take was interesting.

~~~~~~~

Now, I need to explain my drabble or you will all think I’ve lost my mind. The idea comes from A New Hero. These are the words of a maniacal serial killer who liked to kill women with long hair. Superman got in his way and he tried to kill him, too.

Kill

A plan. I have a plan. Kill her. Kill them all. Whoosh... Red. Blue. No! Ruined plans. How dare the Man of Steel - god - save her? Kill him. With kryptonite. I know that it is deadly to god - to Superman.

There *he* is. I raise the gun. I shoot him. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. He thought the bullets would bounce off. I smile. Blood. Everywhere. No more interference. Death. He will die.

People run. To god. To help god. No!! I frown. He will live. No matter. I turn. I leave. Must find *her*.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/10/07 09:43 AM
This one was *hard* to me. Weapons. Ok... *lol*

I think you guys had some really nice ideas and did a great job with our drabbles! laugh

Personally, I don't think mine is that great, but I'll post it anyway. Don't ask me why, but I had this crazy idea and ended up doing it all in rhyme. Yeah, sometimes I make my life very complicated!! And, I know, the weapon is far from obvious...

~.~.~.~.~

Not a word of his true; not a single one yet. And he’d won, in the end, she was caught in his net.

She wouldn’t believe, but she wasn’t to blame – for no proof he could find, to substantiate his claim

From day one, he too, lied, his true self to protect; he had something to hide that she didn’t expect.

His heart he’d poured out, his hopes now shattered; His other self was the one, to her, who mattered.

Secrets and lies had caused heartbreak and pain. They might not have a blade, but could kill, just the same.
Posted By: bakasi Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/10/07 09:53 AM
Whoa, Lara, a poem!!!! I'm impressed. I like it very much.

@ Nancy... very interesting. I love how you capture his confusion and jumping thoughts

@ Dandello... I love the Lex take.

@ Catherine... mysterious and strong. Very well written

@ Jojo... hehe!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/13/07 07:42 AM
Okay, here's my "weapon" drabble. I didn't actually use the WORD weapon, but the theme of the story is STILL a weapon. Only 90 words this time (I had trouble writing more!):

It sat, seeming benign, in the newsroom of the Daily Planet. All functions and fabulously faux features, it was a spectacle of efficiency. Anything he could possibly need, it provided him at less-than-arm’s length. He had not ordered it though; apparently, it was a gift—a possible bribe to throw them off of the story. Clark watched its digital display and straightened a few of its accessories as he waited for Lois to return. And like its clone, which sat lethally in another office, the Desk Friend watched him back.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/13/07 09:00 AM
Oooh! Good one, Darcy! smile

Mine doesn't really mention weapons all that much, either, you'll notice. eh. But the idea is there and that DeskFriend could most definitely be leathal!!
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/13/07 09:55 AM
Thanks, Lara!

In a way, writing drabbles is even more difficult for me than writing regular stories--because you've got to concentrate on keeping it short, but still not TOO short. And you have to be able to tell a story in just a few sentences too.

Anyway, glad you liked my Desk Friend idea. smile
Posted By: LabRat Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/14/07 07:40 AM
Well, my Muse just takes one look at the word Drabble and self-destructs. (I assume this comes as no surprise to anyone who's read Masques laugh ).

But if I'm unable to write them, I have been enjoying reading them. You guys are so talented. smile1 clap Yeah, yeah, I know, you're FoLCs, so what else is new? But these have been excellent and it's not an easy genre to write.

LabRat smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/14/07 09:06 AM
LabRat... you know our muses should get together sometime and see if they can teach each other something. Mine starts to shake in her boots and hide under the bed if I write anything past 6 pages. Even cheetos' won't make her come out. frown

I've loved everyones drabbles so far. smile Sorry I'm not responding as much lately but life and work (were I usually post at) have been a bit hectic. I've been lurking and reading so I haven't left you! smile
Posted By: woody Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/14/07 09:40 AM
Yeah, LabRat, a good short fic for you to write would be 100 kb instead of 100 words? wink :p
Posted By: LabRat Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 03/15/07 08:59 AM
Yeah, LabRat, a good short fic for you to write would be 100 kb instead of 100 words?
rotflol rotflol Yeah, exactly.

LabRat smile
Posted By: The Little Tornado Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 04/04/07 02:06 PM
Here's mine .... go easy on me please. And sorry for being late to this party.

-Weapon-

She could have been mad but she wasn't. He needed her.

Oh, he had all the powers he could have had. The super senses, the super abilities.

And now he had her. Well, he had no clue but she would be useful.

She could keep him out of trouble. Make excuses, comfort him, keep track of him, hunt down enemies ...

There could be more kryptonite out there. She could only try.

She could love him. For who he really was. Perhaps it would be enough.

She could be the secret weapon he didn't know he had.

-----------

Ta da!

The Little Tornado.
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 04/08/07 02:15 PM
It was a bloodless battle. There were no swords or guns; it was a war of priorities.

I was certain my side would prevail. My weapons were strong and pointed – family, love, joy, home.

They had weapons, too – tradition, history, blood kinship, shared gifts. What were these against mine?

But when they brought forth their last arsenal, I was forced to concede defeat. I set aside my weapons; to continue to wield them would cause more harm to my love than to my enemy, for the invaders had one that I could not overcome.

A world of people in need.
Posted By: tipiwoman Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 04/12/07 04:23 PM
Weapon
By Nancy V. Sont

He was exhausted. How did she do it? Did she search for ways to be killed? How many times had he untied her? He’d rescued her from slowly mixing chemicals. From a boiler about to explode. From a tidal wave. From being lowered into a frothy brew. From an explosive bed.

He slumped into a soft cloud. Did he dare take a moment off? Would she be falling from an airplane? Off a building? Drowning in a barrel? A vat of cement or a slowly filling box?

He was weary. She was killing him.

“HELP! SUPERMAN!”

Worse than kryptonite.

…Swoosh!
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Drabble Challenge: #2 Weapon - 04/13/07 08:03 AM
Today is the last day to write this one up guys! ^_^
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards