Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Brothers Challenge - 03/07/07 08:14 PM
Suppose Krypton had exploded just a bit later, and Jor-El and Lara had sent off their little boy and his baby brother. Or, suppose Kal had been born as one of a set of twins!

Would Kal still be the reporter named Clark Kent, and his brother be Superman, or would it be the other way around?

How would Clark feel seeing Lois swoon over Superman, this time with the knowledge that Superman is truly a different person?

This idea has the potential for comedy or tragedy, especially if they are twins who alternate being Superman.

Better still, what if the brother is in love with Lucy? Or someone else entirely? evil

This could also put a different spin on episodes such as Vatman!

Well, what do you think?<g>
Posted By: DSDragon Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/08/07 01:21 PM
Ooh! Interesting! I'd love to read any fics based on this premise. smile
Posted By: Classicalla Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/09/07 03:21 AM
There was a story written by RodStewFan where Clark had a younger brother, but they weren't raised together. Clark didn't know about him until he was older.
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/12/07 06:49 PM
I've been slowly writing one where a different family found the baby so Clark (that's not his name anymore) has an older brother.

Unfortunately, I have no idea when it will be done...
Posted By: beethoven Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/13/07 09:24 AM
I think I read one on the archives (but cant remember the name... don't you love that RANDOM FIC function) where Jimmy is CK's brother (younger i presume but can't remember)

and another where he is found by Luthor's fater and raised as lex's younger bro...
Posted By: carolm Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/14/07 02:22 PM
/me just typed out a ton of thoughts on a brothers fic smile
Carol
ETA: There's no guarantee those ideas are any good or will ever be written or that someone else's ideas wouldn't be 700 times better... but they're on 'paper' smile
Posted By: jojo_da_crow Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/15/07 08:49 AM
*has seen the typed out thoughts*

Wooo!! I hope you do it carol. ^_^
Posted By: carolm Re: Brothers Challenge - 03/15/07 03:04 PM
I just realized next week is SPRING BREAK! I've been working all morning on those assignments that I've been putting off grading [midterms are due Monday EEP!] and contemplated rewarding myself for finishing a set of assignments or something but letting myself write the first scene [which I have half written in my head already] but I'm afraid if I do that I won't get back to grading papers. So, when I finish grading and get midterms turned in... then I have NOTHING to do as far as schoolwork goes for a whole week!!!! [Well, they turn assignments in on Sat since break doesn't technically start till Monday that I probably should grade, but you know smile ].

Carol

ETA: I wrote that earlier right before the boards went down for maintanence - I have about half a page written because I finished grading a set of assignments smile . Now I'll have to do the other 4 sets of assignments...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards