Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 03:28 AM
While reading the latest addition to the Twelve Days of Metropolis and in conjunction with something that's been rolling around in my head this month wanting to become a WIP <g>...an idea occurred.

Here's the challenge. Write a fanfic based on a Christmas Carol. I'd rather have something based on the lyrics rather than a song fic which just has the carol playing on the CD as Clark and Lois smooch kind of thing - but whatever excites the Muse, have at it! All will be welcome. thumbsup

Extra points will be given for obscure carols laugh and just to help you along, you can find the lyrics for a lot of them here (You'll need to scroll down the page to the list of links). And, yes, I'll accept Christmas songs too.

I reckon the way is now clear for those Muses to indulge in a fest of open log fires, sleigh rides in the snow and lots and lots of waffy snuggles under the mistletoe. wink

Get writing, FoLCs! <G>

LabRat smile
Posted By: Sorcha Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 11:40 AM
Ooh! Sounds good, Rat wink I might actually have to try something for this... hmm...

Sara (who has been singing Christmas Carols all day wink )
Posted By: MissyG Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 11:46 AM
Here's one for somebody:

Gramma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Lois and Clark investigate a mysterious Santa who mugging old ladies.. smile1

Missy (who would do this one but has too many stories on her plate and wants to work on Christmas Smoochies - the sequel to Merry Smoochie to You)
Posted By: HatMan Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 03:43 PM
hmm. i'm jewish. what do i make of this? "i had a little superman, i made it out of clay..."?

Paul
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 08:13 PM
just think of the "spin" references you could get out of "sevivon,sov, sov, sov..."
Posted By: HatMan Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/17/03 11:10 PM
lol, there's a good one.

Clarkie-boy, spin, spin, spin.
Keep it up, and you'll be thin.
Now the suit, bring it in.
Superman, spin, spin, spin.

Thank your ma, oo-ha-ha,
Spandex-cutting miracle mom.
Martha, Martha, oo-ha-ha,
Spandex-cutting miracle mom.

how's that? laugh

Paul
Posted By: Joy Moony Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/18/03 01:53 PM
Thanks! That's a great filk!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/18/03 02:30 PM
Hehe, Paul.

AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Christmas Carol Challenge - 11/18/03 07:38 PM
For those of you who are interested, there are some rather---er---interesting Christmas tunes to be heard here: Dr. Dimento Christmas Special
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards