Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HatMan Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 12:39 AM
i wasn't sure about posting this one. wasn't even sure if it was worth writing. so, i ran the condensed version by kaylle over IM, and she encouraged me to go ahead with it. that's what decided me. if not for that reaction, i probably wouldn't have written it.

so, if this bit of fluff was a waste of five perfectly good minutes, you know whom to blame. wink

if, otoh, you happened to enjoy it, you know whom to thank. smile

me? i'm just the guy who put the words together. (and who, despite mom's groans, couldn't give up on count spatula. laugh hey, maybe someday i'll write the sequel, "wok like an egyptian" ... nah.)

Paul
Posted By: rivka Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 01:08 AM
Use the fork, Luke!

*still groaning over Fork of Destiny and Count Spatula*

Very cute, Paul. One of the highest pun-per-word-count fics I've seen. goofy
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 03:06 AM
Nice story Paul!! smile1

Jose (MAK?) wink
Posted By: BrightFeather Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 05:11 AM
ROTFL. Nice lot of puns, Paul.

Laura
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 05:39 AM
Hey, fluff is good. Funny fluff is even better. laugh

clap notworthy to the master of the comedy fic.

LabRat smile
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 08:19 AM
This little fic is hilarious!!! Clark should write children's books.

Great job! smile1
Posted By: KathyB Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 10:56 AM
Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul, Paul. Where is my "shaking head while laughing" emoticon? smile

Absolutely adorable. I am continually impressed by your talents. smile

Thanks for sharing this with us! I've got a big smile on my face now. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 11:44 AM
Oh, Paul, this is hilarious! You just made my evening a lot better! Thanks for sharing!

Saskia (still rotflol )
Posted By: Hazel Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 12:09 PM
I'm with Isis. Never mind the children's books, though: can he come to my house and get my kids to eat for a change? goofy

Fun little story, Paul, that fits the challenge perfectly. And ummm, those pancakes are probably delicious. smile

Hazel
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 03:24 PM
Nice, Paul smile

LOL on Count Spatoula laugh laugh laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 06:05 PM
Paul,
very funny
nicely done
merry
Posted By: lynnm Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/13/03 06:50 PM
What a wonderful, clever story within a story! I loved this - made me smile all over.

I can totally imagine Clark as a natural born storyteller, ripe with puns and quick names. Such a great scene.

Good job, Paul. thumbsup You made my evening!

Lynn
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/14/03 01:21 AM
Paul

This is hilarious. smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool
Posted By: HatMan Re: Comments: The Blueberry People - 11/17/03 12:52 AM
thanks for the great FDK, everyone. smile it's just a silly bit of fluff, but i'm glad you enjoyed. smile

and, wow, the number of people who chose the adjective "hilarious".. that's impressve. when i was editing the file after i posted, to get it ready for the archive, i was wondering if i should even call it a comedy. i guess that answers that question. laugh

responding to a few quick things...

rivka said:

Very cute, Paul. One of the highest pun-per-word-count fics I've seen.
hmm, really? i knew there were a fair number of puns, but it didn't seem that dense. you say you haven't seen more? sounds like a challenge to me... evil

kathy said:

Thanks for sharing this with us! I've got a big smile on my face now.
thanks. smile and, after reading what you folcs had to say, so do i. smile

hazel said:

I'm with Isis. Never mind the children's books, though: can he come to my house and get my kids to eat for a change?
ouch. we're having that problem with my niece. she had trouble with reflux in her first year, and, although we got her on baby zantak, she just never learned to eat well. now she's getting a bit spoiled, too, because she's learned how important it is to us that she eat. it's never easy when they refuse to be properly schtupped. sorry i don't have anything more to offer.

anyway, thanks again, everyone. i had fun writing this, and it's really cool to see that you had fun reading. even better to see count spatula finally get some appreciation. wink

Paul
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards