Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Cristina Just another pick-up line - 09/17/03 09:19 AM
Hey! I meant to have written this weeks ago but... well, let's just say I'm feeling waaaay lazy this summer. Anyway, here it is. Specially dedicated to Jose, who, by the way, resurrected the silly revelations challenge.

One last thing. This hasn't been edited, so any mistakes are all mine!

Usual disclaimers apply. First few lines of dialogue are taken from the script of Church of Metropolis.

JUST ANOTHER PICK-UP LINE (A silly revelation)

“Would you like to dance?” She said the words with a slight hesitation.

“That sound nice.”

He closed the distance between them and took her in his arms.

“I like this song.” He said it so softly Lois would have had trouble hearing him had his mouth not been mere inches away from her ear.

“Do you? I've been thinking, I don't know very much about you. I don't know what kind of music you like, what your favorite color is. I didn't even know you could dance.”

He grinned. This felt so nice. Just holding Lois this close was enough to send shivers down his spine. Everything about her was simply perfect. The soft feeling of her skin beneath his fingers; the scent that was so purely Lois... Having her this close made him forget about the rest of the world. Right now there was only Lois. Remembering her last words, he spoke, “You should have met me a few years back. Rhythm just wasn't in my vocabulary. But I met a Nigerian princess who'd studied ballroom dancing in England and...”

Abruptly, Lois pulled apart. “What??? Not you too!” She emphasized her words with a role of her eyes.”

A little taken aback, Clark stared at her. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Well, that depends on what you call wrong. You know, of all the people I know, you're the last I could picture using a pick-up line. Not that I don't think you like women and flirting... Though I didn't think you really had to go picking girls. Rather, I would expect you to have to "shove' them aside. If you know what I mean.”

“Honestly, Lois, I don't know what you mean.”

A little exasperated at having to explain further, Lois went on. “What I'm trying to say is... I'd thought you'd be different. Though I have to admit at least you're original. A Nigerian princess...”

Realizing what it was that had upset her, he tried to explain. “Lois, that wasn't a...”

But she didn't seem to listen as she went on with her ramble. “...I'd only heard that one once before and at the time I wasn't even sure it was a pick-up line. I hardly knew Clark back then, but he didn't seem to be that kind of guy.”

In a matter of seconds, his face had gone from confusion to understanding and, lastly, as her final words were out, to fear. He tried to hide it, mentally kicking himself for his slip. How could he have been so stupid? Maybe if he played along instead of trying to prove her right...

Lois didn't give him the chance. “After all, even if it's a little far-fetched for a pick-up line, there's no other explanation. What are the chances of booth, you and Clark, having learnt to dance thanks to a Nigerian princess? One of you I could take, but both? Please, next thing you're going to say is she taught you both at the same time!”

Clark winced at her last statement. Lois saw him and, though confused right away, it took only a few seconds for it to dawn on her.

“You!!!!!!!”

“I'm sorry, Lois. I should have told you...”

“Darn right, you should! So that's how Clark can contact you so easily! Why didn't you tell me you two had traveled around the world together???”

The End goofy

Hey, it is a revelation... sort of! Ok, ok... I'll be honest. This "revelation' should end when Lois says "You!!!" (though she'd be saying Clark instead). But I just couldn't resist!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards