Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: HatMan FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/01/03 10:39 PM
not sure if that counts as a cameo fic, but hope you liked it. smile

the "mr wilson" cameo was an old thought sparked off by alt clark's post. it seemed to fit into the story.

anyway, thoughts, suggestions, comments, constructive criticism, and whatever else you may have (other than [Linked Image] :p ) can go here. smile

TOC

Story

Paul
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 12:09 AM
wave
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 12:13 AM
You know, you mentioned that you were cooking up something like this, and I still didn't see that coming! Nicely done. laugh

The Wilson/Wilson duality was very cute.

The name, by the way, is pronounced 'oh', as in 'dough', not 'uff' as in 'tough' or 'rough.
laugh Great!
Posted By: AnnieM Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 12:19 AM
LOL! Well, you totally caught me off guard. I was sitting frantically trying to figure out who it could be before reaching the end. What a great idea, Paul. I burst out laughing at the end. smile

Annie
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 02:07 AM
Paul

ROTFL!! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: NearlyNoelNeill Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 02:52 AM
Oh (ough?) how cute! laugh

We need more like that. Very witty, Paul.

Sherry
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 03:48 AM
LOL, Paul - neatly done with your usual flair for clever comedy. clap

Thanks for sharing. jump

LabRat smile
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 04:00 AM
Very funny! I knew who it was supposed to be, but then when we got the name 'Ough', you lost me for a bit until the end. Very cute!

Irene laugh
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 04:56 AM
As I was reading it I was trying to figure out which challenge it was a response to, but I didn't realise til the end! It was hilarious! rotflol I also noticed that it was a Mr Wilson that tried to murder Jimmy... laugh

Loriel
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 05:36 AM
This one had me giving more of an "oh" as in groaning than anything when I got to the end. :p But I'm wondering, I don't remember John Rhys-Davies ever doing Mr. Wilson. *boggle*
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 05:55 AM
This was fun all the way through, Paul -- I particularly liked the Dennis the Menace reference! But that name thing confused me til the last line, when it abruptly turned hilarious. rotflol

PJ
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 07:22 AM
I enjoyed this very much, Paul. I thought it might be a response to the cameo challenge but wasn't sure till the end.
Great play with the words! Cammmie Ough!
rotflol
Loved it!

~Sira
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 07:26 AM
rotflol rotflol

This just sent me off into *peals* of laughter. You're too funny, Paul.

Jen
Posted By: DocJill Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 09:22 AM
goofy
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 11:48 AM
goofy

Hazel
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 03:24 PM
clap That was hysterical, Paul.

Nan
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 03:30 PM
Typically Hatman.

Clever, humorous, short, and with a twist at the end. You've done it again Paul.

Nicely done.

Tank (who isn't quite as large as John Rhyes Davies, but would like to be as well off as the respected actor is)
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/02/03 06:17 PM
Paul.... Kudos! smile1

As for the story itself, rotflol
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/03/03 01:24 PM
wow, thanks for the FDK, guys. smile i'm glad you liked it. smile

rivka, thanks for pointing out the error. i've fixed it now.

karen, i'm glad you recognized john rhys-davies. for those of you who didn't, i cast him as cammie. you can see his imdb filmography here . as you can see, he's had quite a few roles- more than twice kevin bacon's list. the thing is, they're all either small parts in big movies or big parts in small (low budget) movies. for example, listing #47: "Stargate (1994) (uncredited) .... Shouting Arab Digger." i thought he'd be perfect as cammie. laugh

i'm a little worried, though, that both you and tank seemed to think cammie was mr wilson. you're right that john rhys-davies has had nothing to do with dennis the menace (afaik, anyway). cammie (played by john rhys-davies) was the EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) who saved jimmy after mr wilson tried to kill him. just part of mr ough's tendency to pop up in random places. do i need to make that clearer?

anyway, thanks again, everyone. it's wonderful to get so many enthusiastic comments. smile1

Paul
Posted By: Fearless Monkey Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/04/03 09:38 AM
goofy
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/04/03 10:22 AM
cammie (played by john rhys-davies) was the EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) who saved jimmy after mr wilson tried to kill him.
Doh. Reasons why I should think things more thoroughly when I'm half-asleep. :-D I've seen Rhys-Davies in quite a few things, but remember him more from Sliders. I'm glad he didn't call anyone a "blithering idiot". wink
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/07/03 05:34 PM
Nicely done Paul
very cute
merry
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/10/03 05:11 PM
I'm just catching up on this now, since it was posted while I was on vacation. Very funny, Paul!

I thought the whole thing was very cute, but then I got to the end and really started laughing. Cammie Ough ... very clever.

A signature Paul fic!

Kathy
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/10/03 05:19 PM
ooo, more comments! smile yay!

/me does the happy dance of FDK dance

iaputus, merry, and kathy:

i'm glad you enjoyed it. smile thanks for commenting. smile

karen, glad it's clearer now. i certainly understand about reading when you're half asleep...

thanks again, guys! smile

Paul
Posted By: Skitz Re: FDK: A Familiar Face - 06/11/03 12:27 AM
lol, very cute. I normally hate puns, but I loved this. Great job!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards