Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KatherineKent Auction: Story Banner - 04/17/14 07:41 AM
Fanwork Type: One story banner.

I am willing to include: Pixel size is your choice, but I have two versions I usually work in (but not always): one for 'portrait/page' style and one for 'thin banner' style. I will try and fit into the banner as many screenshots as you request. Story title and Author name will be prominent (or not, if you wish). I can do minor photo-manipulation if required. eg. You have a picture of Lois in a red dress, but you want it blue, or you want the dress longer, etc.

I am not willing to include: Pictures, titles, words, etc which are above PG. Unrealistic romantic pairings. (Lex/Jimmy, Lois/Perry etc - URGH *feels sick*)

Any further information: You must be the Author of whatever story this banner is for. I will send you 'proofs' along the way. Usually: Basic premise, Proof 1, Proof 2, Final. Fonts, colours, borders styles etc will be discussed during one of these proofing stages. No guaranteed delivery time due to these proofing stages being flexible.

Example:

[Linked Image]
(For those of you interested ... fic coming soon!!!)

Full range of art examples here .
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/21/14 05:12 PM
I'm going to start off the bidding at $5 for one of these Banner thingys. It looks like cover art for a story and I've got a couple of coverless epics, which could use some pretty pictures (or not, depending on the story).

I'd like to see what you come up with, and since I don't know what stories of mine you've read, I'll narrow it down to:

Missing Lois

Green-Eyed Monster

Another Dimension, Another Time, Another Lois

or my current WIP

Wrong Clark (I don't think I need to link you to that monster.) wink

Artist's choice. Surprise me.
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/23/14 01:06 PM
I've read them all. I'd love to make a cover for any of them. Let's see if you win!!!!
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/23/14 01:26 PM
Come on, people! KatherineKent ROCKS at this! She has been kind enough to do art for my upcoming sequel, Hidden Threats. I've also seen her work on other boards... You can't go wrong, and you'll have a memorable way to capture your story... I'd love to see what she could do with some of Female Hawk's interesting settings, for example. Hint, hint wink
Posted By: KathyB Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/23/14 06:50 PM
OK, I'll throw in a bid.

$10 for a Momentum banner! dance

Kathy
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/24/14 09:28 AM
/walks quietly in and ups bid to $15/

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LMA Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/24/14 10:31 AM
Sneaks in and throws a $20 on the table...

You do such amazing work dance

(I have a story I'm in the middle of writing--anything to up the reader interest when I post, being it's my first official fanfic--I figure is a good thing shock blush grovel )

Laura
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/24/14 02:37 PM
/scratches head/ I don't know how *other* writers pick one their stories...

http://www.lcfanfic.com/author_m.htm#Michael

Oh well, I guess I'd have to first not be out-bid to worry about those issues blush

/makes it an uneven 25/

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/25/14 12:24 AM
/sneaks back in/ grumble Stiff competition.

/Holds up SM crest with my number on it./ $30.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/25/14 11:57 PM
[Linked Image]

Let's see... If I add another fiver... /raises bid to $35/

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/27/14 05:24 AM
Hmmmm. I see that my previous bid disappeared in the upgrade. frown

$40
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/28/14 05:44 PM
Hmm... Last day... Maybe I should bid $45.

Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/28/14 08:05 PM
Mine! This banner will be mine, I say! Precious.

$50.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/28/14 09:52 PM
Hmm... considering the likeliness of Virginia outbidding me again due to me testdriving my pillow very soon, I think I'll bow out.

Virginia, if you feel like I gave in too easily and want another raise, you're welcome to pretend I upped the bid to fifty-five so you can jump in again and grab the grand prize!

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/28/14 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hmm... considering the likeliness of Virginia outbidding me again due to me testdriving my pillow very soon, I think I'll bow out.

Virginia, if you feel like I gave in too easily and want another raise, you're welcome to pretend I upped the bid to fifty-five so you can jump in again and grab the grand prize!

wave Michael
Wait! Did you up it or not? huh With it seeming likely for me to win Wendy's Beta services, $50 is the highest I can go in this auction. (she says, looking above her for vultures coming in at the last minute for a quick kill... er... bid.).
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 12:13 AM
WINNER:

VirginiaR, at a bid of $50. Congratulations!!

Wendy smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 04:36 AM
dance party This, too! dance party Awesome! Where's my wallet? I'm so excited! KatherineKent, expect proof coming soon!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 04:41 AM
Congrats, Virginia!
no, did not outbid you. Just wanted to give you the option to go for 60, if you wanted to and depending your spending plan smile
Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 04:44 AM
Thanks, Michael. Hey, didn't you just go to sleep? Are you on the LnC 4 hour plan? (4 hours of sleep, gives you 4 hours longer to read FanFic.)

EDIT: My mistake. For some reason I thought you went to sleep 5pm Board Time, not a couple hours earlier. Ooopps... Never mind. blush
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 06:30 AM
Well. It's been interesting and exciting seeing you two fight it out for this. I didn't expect there to be so much interest as we are much more about the 'fic' on these boards than anything else.

Story banners/front covers/posters are much bigger on Ksite. Almost every story gets one (of ranging quality).

I'll be in contact soon Virginia. Looks like we won each other's auctions too! How cool is that.

Michael ... you want a banner so badly? PM me ... lets see what I can do.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/29/14 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
blush It's on my to-do list for this week. And umm... I kind of got into it, especially with me thinking about Wedding Crashers and Lynn just happening to dig out that old story, it kind of...yeah blush

wave Michael
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Auction: Story Banner - 04/30/14 01:12 AM
As long as there's $$$ for the boards in the deal, we're all for it! laugh

Wendy

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
blush It's on my to-do list for this week. And umm... I kind of got into it, especially with me thinking about Wedding Crashers and Lynn just happening to dig out that old story, it kind of...yeah blush

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/06/14 03:22 PM
You've all got to see what awesome work KatherineKent did on my cover: hyper jump dance party It looks fabulous! Definitely worth every donation penny and then some!

[Linked Image]

I've already added it to my TOC page! You're the best, KK!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LabRat Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/06/14 04:36 PM
Ooooooh. Pretty! Well done, Katherine. notworthy notworthy clap

LabRat smile
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/06/14 05:06 PM
Very nice! clap

wave Michael
Posted By: LMA Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/06/14 07:02 PM
Looks great! Katherine--you are good! notworthy

Laura
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/07/14 08:55 PM
Thanks Virginia. Thanks everyone.

It's been a while since I did any story banners - they are much more popular on K-site for Smallville fics.

I really enjoyed doing this and the one I did recently for mozartmaid.

Now I'm looking forward to doing one for Michael too.
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: Auction: Story Banner - 05/08/14 06:52 PM
Looks great!! Thanks again for mine! dance

If anyone wants to see, go here.

Congrats, Virginia!! clap
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Auction: Story Banner - 06/01/14 08:08 PM
Okay, I finally got around to fixing the links and content for The Wedding Crashers so I can now post KatherineKent's awesome story banner:

[Linked Image]

She is a great artist, isn't she? And I'm with Virgina on this; the side bid was so totally worth it. Thank you, Vic!

wave Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Auction: Story Banner - 06/02/14 03:10 AM
clap Another great job, KK. Oh, dear. Worried about Lois though. Hee-hee. Did Lex accidentally marry a shape shifting alien? /Need to go back and download this story on to Nook, instead of trying to read it from the Archives where it's too difficult to bookmark my spot during the 1001 interruptions to my day./
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards