Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Gregory Peck as Clark Kent? - 02/22/15 10:12 PM
Hi all,

I just finished watching "To Kill a Mockingbird," which of course started Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch. While I was watching it, I couldn't help but think that he would have made a wonderful Clark Kent (and, presumably, Superman as well). To be honest, I think he looked more like most of the comic book drawings of Clark/Superman than most of the actors who have portrayed him did, and his rich baritone has "Superman" written all over it. His demeanor in the movie reminded me a lot of George Reeves' Clark: self confident but soft-spoken with an economy of movements.

Any thoughts on this?

Incidentally, a bit of trivia: In the post-Byrne era of the comic books, "To Kill a Mockingbird" was Clark's favourite movie.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Gregory Peck as Clark Kent? - 02/24/15 04:22 PM
I would have loved to see what he could have done with the role. He certainly had the look for it and the acting chops to handle the duality of Clark's personality. smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Gregory Peck as Clark Kent? - 02/26/15 03:43 AM
In "Superman: Kingdom Come", Alex Ross (the artist) drew Bruce Wayne as Gregory Peck.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Gregory Peck as Clark Kent? - 02/26/15 11:29 AM
Virginia, "acting chops" is the perfect phrase. And he does have them in spades.

Interesting, Iolanthe! I hadn't picked up on that when I had read it.

It makes sense, though... Depending on the artist and aside from their clothing, Batman and Superman often look very similar, if not completely identical.

Thanks for sharing this.

Joy,
Lynn
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards