Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Rec: Victory Bonds by Copperbadge - 08/13/13 12:07 PM
Victory Bonds is an AU version of the early career of Superman, Batman, etc. set immediately after WW2. It's got a lot of the L&C flavour in the interaction between Lois and Clark, but does the period aspects really well, and has a fun plot that draws on history but still has room for mad scientists etc.. There's one non-canon gay relationship amongst the secondary characters, but nothing anyone should find offensive, if you can live with that it's a very enjoyable story.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/483013
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Rec: Victory Bonds by Copperbadge - 08/27/13 08:35 PM
I really enjoyed this story, Marcus. Thanks for the link. I read a bunch of Copperbadge's other fic and liked them a lot too.

Please keep on posting recommendations!
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Rec: Victory Bonds by Copperbadge - 08/29/13 01:48 PM
Since L&C is a series about reporters I particularly recommend the author's Exclusive in which a reporter is allowed to shadow the Avengers for several weeks.

If you like fan-art another good one on these lines is Mediavengers by nottonyharrison, a series of magazine covers and articles in the Avengers universe, which includes things like the casting photos for two rival Avengers movies being made in that universe...
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards