Lois & Clark Forums
Comic is Here.

For some reason, Lois remembers things in the style of a 1930's comic book. wink

This was probably the biggest, most difficult, and most complicated comic I've ever drawn in my life! Copying Shuster's art style was both fun and frustrating, and a very horizon-broadening experience. I feel like I've grown a bit as an artist.

I wanted to do something special in honor of passover starting tonight. This comic was completed at exactly 11:59 last night, and by then, I was so punch-drunk tired that I was ready to weep tears of joy. My original plan was to pace out the seder storyline to keep up with the passover season, to keep it timely, but then I realized that even if I somehow managed to write, draw, and post one comic a day, it just wouldn't quite work out right. So, instead, I'm just going to give in to the effects of "comic book time" and let the story take as long as it needs to.

Yes, the comics are connected, but if I do this right, then you won't have to read any of the others to understand any given one (although it might give a little bonus); they should be able to stand individually and alone, so you could even share a random one with a friend if you like.

Oh, that reminds me; I'm still on a quest for a better title for these things: "QotC's fan-comic", while accurate, isn't exactly catchy. I've been toying with:

1. Metropolis, DE (see, because this Metropolis is in Delaware; but I don't know how important that'll end up being, and emphasizing a real state might imply "gritty realism", which is so not the tone I want.

2. Lane and Kent (Might imply emphasis on the investigations; not sure yet how much of that they'll even do)

3. Daily Planet Funny Pages (Might be construed as an in-universe comic that the Planet prints for its readers)

4. Titles are Hard, You Guys (Again, it's true, but not catchy)

Well, what do you guys think? I'm open to ideas. huh
Hi QotC and gut yontiff!

I liked your take on Shuster's style -- but watch out, Clark's eyes were *almost* opened (not squinting) in one or two places. ;-)

Lois's logic was definitely -- Lois-style logic. (How's that for a tautology?)

Considering that I live in Delaware, it's pretty much a given that the first of your titles is my personal favourite, but I must admit that I like the humour inherent in #4.

How about "Life with Lois"?

Joy,
Lynn
I love this, you've really captured the old art well! And of course Lois blames Clark, I think it's part of the job of being Superman...
Thanks, guys! Glad you like. smile

Lynn: Tempting. I'm still thinking it over, though, and now I've also added "Mr. And Mrs. Superman", "Superman has In-Laws", and "Lois, Clark, and Baby" to the pile. >_<. Maybe I should just wait until more has been posted, then see which one feels right. =/
Edit: Also "Superman Loves Lois Lane", as a nod to a Spiderman comic that I heard about but never actually read...
I love that Lois recalls things in 30's style rotflol Very clever!!
Thanks, Mouse! laugh. More is on the way eventually, but I've slowed my pace a bit while I try to sort out which projects should be higher priority. I've come to understand that while I don't necessarily have ADHD, my muse certainly does. :p
Of course it can't be LOIS's fault! lol I like the old-timey feel of Lois's flashback. It creates an over-embellished feel to her imagination (re-imagination of the events).

How about "Clark loves Lois"? peep (Just realized this sounds a bit too much like 'Joanie loves Chachie') I like 'Life with Lois', but if I recall there's one comic without Lois, where Clark's droning on to Jack(?) about his new baby. "Life with Lois and Clark", perhaps? Yes, titles are hard. You could probably tell that from many of my uninspired ones. "Queen of Supes"? peep I'll shut up now.
Hmm, 'Laney loves Clarkie' perhaps, V? wink Hopefully a good option will make itself clear once my comic has enough strips to establish its identity, so to speak. In the meantime, at least you guys all know where to find it. ^_^
That's...perfectly reasonable logic. To be fair, though, I did at first think Clark actually said what he said, sarcastically and in an effort to get the newest mini-villain to reconsider. Plus, of course Lois manages to run into a duo of ne'er-do-wells while on her date.

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards