Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mozartmaid FDK Return to Smallville (7/10) - 11/13/12 01:13 PM
Warning -- angst ahead! peep
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK Return to Smallville (7/10) - 11/14/12 10:23 AM
Hi Maid,

I only have one quibble.

A nuclear strike within the environs of Washington, D.C. would have resulted in more destruction than you depicted. I would suggest that you check online for photos taken of the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Those bombs were in the KIloton to small Megaton range. Current weapons are orders of magnitude stronger.

Virtually every building in DDC would have been flattened by a nuclear blast. Even if it were an air burst. Depending on the size of the bomb, any and all hard construction materials and soil touched by the fireball would be vaproized and converted into radioactive particles to be spread by the wind.

As an Army Officer trained in the disciplines of nuclear attacks I can speak with some authority.

If you wish more detail, send me a PM.
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK Return to Smallville (7/10) - 11/16/12 12:44 PM
peep

The bomb that hit DC is not supposed to be nuclear -- more of a warning shot, coming from an unlikely source, to be revealed in the next part.

Sorry that was unclear. I'll go back and fix it.

There was this bit:

"He saw Lex on the television screen, and read the news scroll across the bottom: “The US may respond to missile strike with nuclear force,” and he understood Lois’ unease."
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards