Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LaraMoon MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/23/07 07:40 PM
I don't know if this can actually count as a Christmas Challenge vid, but it's the only "Christmas song" that my muse found acceptable to work on. wink

Of course, seeing as you all know how much I hate the man, I cast Lex as The Grinch for this. And I LOVED doing it! smile

You\'re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (20 meg file!)
YouTube version

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. With no Grinch - or Lex, Tempus, Deter, Lord Nor, clones, etc... - to mess it up!!

(oooh - yes, there's a blooper, but that's the way it is in the episode, I just chose not to fix their mistake. *shrugs*)
Posted By: EditorJax Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 12:07 AM
Lara, I LOVE this! It is so much funnier than the ideas I had given you! My favorite part is when he lets Lois' balloon go. Lex really IS a grinch!

This video is hilarious and exactly what I needed! clap clap clap clap clap
Posted By: TOC Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 02:49 AM
So funny, Lara! And full of really great, uh, grinchy cheer!! laugh

Ann
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 05:42 AM
I just saw the movie last night wink

Great video... and great Grinch!! I love the inbetween cartoon.

-Camy
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 07:03 AM
LOL! clap Very funny! Lex is the perfect Mr. Grinch! devil

Andreia
Posted By: Laura S Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 10:26 AM
Lara, that was hilarious. Hehe. Lex is the perfect Grinch. Thanks for the big smile!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 10:29 AM
laugh Thank you!!

I'm so glad you guys are getting a kick out of this little video clip. dance dance
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/24/07 01:11 PM
clap clap clap
Posted By: cp33 Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/27/07 09:18 AM
That was so good! Love the song of course and Lex just fits the bill as the Grinch. Very, very well done.

More please!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/29/07 09:37 PM
Geeeeeez! I wander away for the holiday and I completely missed this one. And then I had to try three times (over a two hour period) before I was finally freakin' able to download the vid.

But it was worth all the hassle. laugh

I never realized just how much John Shea's Lex looks like the Grinch. Especially when he smiles. (If I had a Grinch graemlin, I'd insert it here.)

Excellent job, Lara. clap
Posted By: TOC Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/30/07 05:20 AM
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Twins?

Ann
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 12/30/07 09:37 AM
*lol* yeah - evil twins, separated at birth! wink

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Most appreciated!! sloppy
Posted By: Eva Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 01/26/08 09:56 AM
Hi LaraMoon,

I saw this around Christmas and somehow forgot to comment, but I simply had to let you know how much I enjoyed this video.

I love the song anyway (the video is part of an annual drinking game with my friends wink ) and you chose the perfect pictures.

It's great that you inserted a title card in the beginning and even chose a matching font for "Starring Lex Luther as The Grinch".

And after watching your vid I have to say that the resemblance is uncanny. I don't know how I could miss it before wink

I especially like how you matched "you're a monster, Mr Grinch" with Lex and Lois having dinner, the pole with the Miranda in fencing gear scene from PML and how perfectly in sync the audio and the pictures are when you combined "you stink, stank, stunk" with Lex puffing on his cigar.

Thanks for this, great job smile

Eva
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 01/26/08 10:28 AM
aww! Thank you Eva! smile I really appreciate your comments!
Posted By: Mercy Re: MV: You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - 01/27/08 01:37 PM
I just watched this, so cute! Your timing/pacing was great, and I loved the interspersed scenes of the cartoon Grinch movie. Adorable!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards