Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: shimauma Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 06:53 PM
Based on the Tattoo Thread over on the NFic boards, I have decided to get a Superman logo tattoo. However, I would like it to be different than the typical red "S" on a yellow field.

I like the electric blue on black Clark wore during the NK episodes, but I can't get a clear or precise enough picture of his chest to make a template.
[Linked Image]

I was thinking to use the "S" at the beginning of the show opening titles, but that one is red and gold. [Linked Image]

I only like the LNC "S" shape, so none of that round newbie wusboy design from "Superman Returns".

You can post your design on this thread or PM me and I'll pick the one that'll work for me.

Time limit is next 3 paydays for me....
Posted By: Trinity Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 07:04 PM
You decided to get a Superman logo tattoo, too?! YAY!

Question is... have you decided to get a tramp stamp as I have? wink
Posted By: shimauma Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 07:13 PM
Question is... have you decided to get a tramp stamp as I have?
Yep, exactly there. It's something I've been thinking on forever, but I just never got the gumption.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 07:19 PM
Oooh! Nifty! smile

I'd be curious to know how many of us already *have* an S-shield tattooed on our body... I've got one and Sara has a string of 'em. Who else?
Posted By: Dandello Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 07:24 PM
how about this? [Linked Image]
I so want one, but I can't come up with a good enough design whinging

But oooh, nice tattoo idear laugh
Posted By: Mrs. McLeod Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/04/07 11:13 PM
A ''S'' tatoo, that's so cool!! laugh
Posted By: shimauma Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 05:54 AM
I like that one, Dandello! Is there a way to make it more metallic looking?
Posted By: Dandello Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 07:21 AM
I'll work on it - but I'm not a visual artist and my son, who is is really really busy.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Dandello:
I'll work on it - but I'm not a visual artist and my son, who is is really really busy.
Man, I wish my stolen internet would show your image! I'll try a real connection later, but if there's anything in particular you need help with, feel free to poke me. Just to be artistically nosy, what does your son do?

JD
Ooo and also, I could try to draw you one, but I have no scanner. I have made a Superman tattoo for one other FoLC, though.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Catherine Bruce:
I have made a Superman tattoo for one other FoLC, though.
Yes, she has.... ME!!!!

And all my friends (make that co-workers, because I don't actually have many other friends in RL) are jealous of it! hehehe!
Posted By: rkn Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 12:56 PM
www.bluetights.net/theplanet/showthread.php?t=2338
some tattoo pics in this thread if you're looking for ideas.
Posted By: Dandello Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Shadow:
[b] I'll work on it - but I'm not a visual artist and my son, who is is really really busy.
Man, I wish my stolen internet would show your image! I'll try a real connection later, but if there's anything in particular you need help with, feel free to poke me. Just to be artistically nosy, what does your son do?

JD [/b]
My boy child is a grad student and overbooked himself this quarter - otherwise, he does planet and spaceship rendering for games add-ons. (And he's very good. One of these days he's going to do Krypton for me.) laugh
Posted By: EditorJax Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 01:45 PM
I think this is a little more me ...

[img]
[/img]
Posted By: lisime12 Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 06:04 PM
Oh thats cute, I like the pink one.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Shadow:
[b]
[b] I'll work on it - but I'm not a visual artist and my son, who is is really really busy.

JD [/b]
My boy child is a grad student and overbooked himself this quarter - otherwise, he does planet and spaceship rendering for games add-ons. (And he's very good. One of these days he's going to do Krypton for me.) laugh [/b]
Excellent!
And hah, I feel his pain. I'm also a grad student, and my friends and I have decided that there's just no real end in sight until graduation LOL.

JD
Posted By: lere Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/05/07 11:42 PM
Well, what about the movies? Beautiful way to remember Chris Reeve. Three versions:

CLICK TO ENLARGE
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This one I don't remember where I found, but that's very cool:

CLICK
[Linked Image]

But if you're a classic fan like me, you'll like the next. Kirk Alyn's shield!

CLICK
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 01:15 AM
The middle one, I believe is from the Kingdom Come comic book series. Very cool looking logo, imho. smile
Posted By: shimauma Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 06:43 AM
Beautiful way to remember Chris Reeve.
I'm more of a Dean Cain gal, but I do like the metallic red. If it were blue and not so round, that might be the look I'm going for.
Posted By: Schnuffichen Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 09:31 AM
Well, if it's just the colour and the shape...
[Linked Image]
or [Linked Image]

Better? wink

Jana
Posted By: lere Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 10:58 AM
More sugestions:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 11:13 AM
Oooh! That chart is so very cool! Where did you get it from??
Posted By: lere Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 12:28 PM
Superman Homepage the source of EVERYTHING about Superman laugh

Superman Homepage LINK
Posted By: shimauma Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 02:19 PM
Okay now, here's an amazingly funny coincidence. My hubby took our oldest child to the fall con comic convention today and there was a guy there dressed as Superman so my daughter took a picture.
[Linked Image]
The arrow is pointing at my hubby in the Superman T-shirt(I make him wear it).

Anywho, while they were perusing the stuff, my awesome sweet hubby found a stand for collecting cards and there was a set from the first season of Lois and Clark. He picked them up to look at the price and on the bottom of the clear box he saw that it included a bunch of TEMPORARY TATTOOS!!! In all different colors yet!

I am now wearing the dark blue tattoo at the base of my spine in "tramp stamp" fashion. It's pretty cool. The only thing that bugs me is that it's gonna rub off. And it's on a red field instead of a black one. Still, I'd say it's a good sign that I'm due to get branded.

All the designs so far are pretty good candidates. Anything new or different is welcome!
Posted By: Trinity Re: Tattoo Challenge!! Make my design!! - 10/06/07 11:54 PM
ROFL. I stuck a temporary tattoo on myself and posted pictures of it in the FDK thread for Sue's story in the nFic folder in an effort to get her to write a sequel.

Amazingly enough, it's a really good test run to see how it's gonna look and if you'll even like it or not!
I would love to get the superman shield on me but I'm to much of a punk to get a tattoo, I have no tolorance for pain. You should let us see how it turns out. I hear the lower back is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards