Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 01:31 AM
Eons ago, when I was a little FoLCling, I made a cassette tape of Don't Tug On Superman's Cape by putting my boombox up to the tv and recording the episode. Yes, I was a dork and wanted to have L&C with me in my WalkMan at all times. wink

Well, now times have changed! I got one of those new-fangled mp3 players for Christmas. The electronic device I'd been rebeling against because it made everyone on campus look like sheep. Heh. blush I've decided they aren't as evil as I'd thought because they work great for drowning out the distractions when I'm trying to study on campus. And for when I'm working out at the gym... I love it!

I remembered my cassette making days and decided I needed to have some episodes to take with me to the gym. It's much easier now to get a recording than with the old boombox. goofy Anyway, I thought others might like to have the files, too. smile

So without further ado, I'd like to introduce to you...

The Lois and Clark Audio Files Website

Anna Belcher has graciously offered to host all the files on her personal server! notworthy

Right now, season one is up in its entirety. Season two should be up within the next few days. Being back in school (and my three day weekend being over *sigh*), it might take me a while to get all of seasons three and four done. Because of that, I'll take requests for episodes until they're all done, and Anna and I will do our best, with our busy schedules, to update the page with your requests.

Enjoy!! laugh

Sara
Posted By: Matrix Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 05:44 AM
Sarah this is so cool. It's like going back to the days of serials on the radio - like "The Shadow". How cool!

I personally have one of those new-fangled MP3 players that holds video and has a 30 gig memory on it...so I have all 88 eps in video on my MP3 - so you are *definitely* NOT the biggest dork. laugh

But thanks for doing this and sharing. Really nice of you. <g>

-- DJ
Posted By: Rhea Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 07:32 AM
I love this! Thanks so much for sharing. I remember I use to do stuff like that with my old tape recorder, but I kind of forgot how much I enjoyed listening to just the audio. Maybe it will help me with my characterization when I write, if I just listen to their voices? wink

Anyway, I think this page should be linked on the audio portion of the archive site? Just a suggestion.

http://www.lcfanfic.com/audiofic.html

Thank you for sharing a novel way to experience the show again!

Rhea
Posted By: LabRat Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 08:45 AM
That's a neat idea, Rhea. It's possible that we may have a copyright issue with linking to these (or perhaps not as it's just a link to an external website which we have no control over), but I'll certainly suggest it to Lauren and see what she thinks. smile

LabRat smile
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Archive
That's a wonderful idea.. Thanks
personally have one of those new-fangled MP3 players that holds video and has a 30 gig memory on it...so I have all 88 eps in video on my MP3 - so you are *definitely* NOT the biggest dork.
DJ, I just got one too and want to be a nerd and put some episodes on my MP3 player. Can you either post here or e-mail me how you did it? Thank you! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Matrix Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 11:55 AM
I just sent you a PM Kelly. laugh
Posted By: Shadow Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 12:57 PM
You just got so many freaking cool points. I can't wait to listen later. This could be bad. It could make me want to sell my seriously unused tapes and buy a DVD or two.

JD
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 04:29 PM
Season two has just been added if anyone is interested in downloading those files. smile

~Anna
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/16/07 05:30 PM
This is an awesome idea. Thanks for making the files available. I'll be downloading them for my player.
Fantastic idea, Sara!

Now all I have to do is start going to the gym again. laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Thanks Sara and Anna! these will come in handy on my long drive to work smile
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/18/07 06:26 PM
Season three is up now too. laugh

~Anna
Posted By: Tahu Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/20/07 08:42 AM
Cool idea. I can listen to them in the bus to work every day.

Thank you to you both. smile1
Posted By: lois14 Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/20/07 01:29 PM
thank younotworthy

love it ,

Sara cool
Posted By: Alayna22 Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/28/07 06:32 PM
Thank you! And you're not the only one who taped things off of the tv. I did with quite a few different shows. Especially with the theme songs. I liked to listen to them while I was doing homework! *bounces* I'm excited!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/28/07 10:09 PM
Hey, welcome to the boards, Alayna!! party

I'm glad everyone's enjoying these! I'll try to get Season 4 finished off this week sometime! smile

Sara
Posted By: Alayna22 Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/29/07 01:49 PM
Thank you Sara! *blushes* Good catch too. I've been lurking around for a few weeks, but haven't had the chance to read very much. So many stories! Maybe one of mine will show up someday... wink

I'm curious, are you making mp3s off of the DVDs or old video tapes?
Posted By: Laura S Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/29/07 06:46 PM
Thanks for making the files available! They're perfect to carry around with me, especially since I don't have a video player, merely an audio one. smile smile1
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/29/07 09:11 PM
I'm curious, are you making mp3s off of the DVDs or old video tapes?
I'm making them from the old .avi files I've had forever, the ones that were initially made from VHS captures by some marvelous folc. smile

Sara
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 01/29/07 09:31 PM
oh, this is too cool! Thanks Sara!!
Posted By: BanAnna Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 02/10/07 10:38 AM
Season 4 is now up, making the site complete! I hope everyone has fun with these. laugh

~Anna
Posted By: Tahu Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 02/11/07 09:54 AM
Thank you. Will listen to them on the weekend. smile1
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Lois and Clark Episodes in MP3 Format! - 02/11/07 11:43 AM
WOW! thumbsup
[EDIT - Downloaded S1...OOOH I'm all giddy now = nerd]
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards