Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Raven FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/05/06 05:53 PM
It was a fabulous story by the one and only Labrat and I couldn't resist trying my efforts. I'm still a novice at this so I appreciate any comments and criticism.
Sugar & Spice Trailer
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/05/06 09:37 PM
I still have to come back later with better feedback, but for now...

eek Wowsa! clap

I love this story!! laugh

Sara
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 03:21 AM
Wow.

Awesome trailer. and very sensual, too. Very good job. I loved it.

But since you asked about criticism, I have to say that it made weird to me the changes in the format of the video. You should have put all your clips at the same ratio before to put them together. When it's just a little difference in the ratio, it's okay, but you go from a 4:3 to a 2,40:1.

But I still enjoyed your video very much
Posted By: Raven Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 04:33 AM
Thank you!
Originally posted by poussin:
But since you asked about criticism, I have to say that it made weird to me the changes in the format of the video. You should have put all your clips at the same ratio before to put them together. When it's just a little difference in the ratio, it's okay, but you go from a 4:3 to a 2,40:1.
I appreciate it. Actually, it bugged me a little, too. The smaller ones were from a movie and when I ripped it, they came out smaller. I couldn't think of any other clips to use so I just stuck with those....
Posted By: LabRat Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 05:13 AM
Wow. This was a marvellous surprise to find when I logged in this morning. Thank you, Raven, for choosing my story to work on and for the compliment. goofy Might have to read it again now. wink

I didn't actually notice the varying ratios that Poussin mentioned - but I tend to miss that kind of technical aspect all the time, so I wouldn't go by me. <g>

Always loved that song by Dido and it seemed to fit the images very well.

Very impressed! Looking forward to more vids from you soon. smile

Thanks, guys. smile

LabRat smile
Posted By: lovesuper97 Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 08:28 AM
WOW........................
.......................... blush
Posted By: Poussin Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 09:10 AM
I appreciate it. Actually, it bugged me a little, too. The smaller ones were from a movie and when I ripped it, they came out smaller. I couldn't think of any other clips to use so I just stuck with those....
Yes, I know the problem. I encountered it many times. But you can remove the black lines of the clips in 2,40:1 (and the 16:9 ones), or add black lines to the 4:3 clips so all your clips are the same, using VirtualDubMod.

I've explained how to do that in a post at the bottom of this page:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000487
Actually, I had explained it to remove possible colours lines after a Rip, but it's the same way to proceed to change the ratio of a clip.
Posted By: Raven Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/06/06 01:18 PM
Thanks, poussin! I just went through the steps and it worked! Thanks so much! I'll definitely do that next time. smile
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/08/06 11:50 PM
Raven

WOW!! smile1 and look forward to watching more of your work.

Tricia cool
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/09/06 10:12 AM
Fantastic trailer, Raven! I love love love Dido's "Here With Me," and the clips you chose were terrific. I hadn't read Labby's "Sugar and Spice," but after watching this, I clicked over to the archive straightaway. And ... *fans self* ... yeah. Hats off to both of you. notworthy
Posted By: Raven Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/09/06 11:50 AM
THANKS! Yes, the story was amazing! Huge props to Ms. Labrat laugh
Posted By: louiselane Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/13/06 08:57 AM
Owww, that was an amazing trailler !

Where I can find the story? I'm curious now. smile
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/13/06 09:36 AM
Oi, Loiuse! thumbsup

Enjoy! wink

Andreia smile
Posted By: louiselane Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/13/06 06:38 PM
Thanks Andrea. I'll go there right now. smile
Posted By: 2imagineispower Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/21/06 08:59 PM
Now, I have seen several music videos ... this this is the first trailer for a fic that I have ever seen. I was amazed when I saw. And how lucky I was that this was the first one I was expose to ... because now I am hooked.
Posted By: Raven Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/21/06 09:36 PM
Awww... well, thank you. I, too, was addicted after watching my first one. Glad you enjoyed it. smile
Posted By: Capes Re: FFT: Sugar & Spice - 04/24/06 07:43 PM
I could have sworn I told you that I liked this one, but I see myself nowhere on here.

In any case, there's nothing to make a fantabulous Labrat story even better than a trailer this great!

Loved the choice of music and clips to highlight the story.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards