Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Aria FFT: Caped Fear - 02/17/06 07:55 AM
Well, I haven't done one of these in a while, but the mood struck after I had made my fundraiser DVD contribution trailer and here was the result! The song used is Pompeii, by E.S. Posthumus. You might recognize it from Spiderman trailers and several others.

The story is LabRat's *amazing* story called Caped Fear. Don't let the length scare you off if you find long stories daunting -- it's truly a worthy, absolutely thrilling read.

Hope you all enjoy! Caped Fear
Posted By: LabRat Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/17/06 10:03 AM
WOW! People remembering Burnout and Caped Fear, all in one week - now you guys are spoiling me!

And thank you so much for this trailer, Aria. I'm so honoured by the compliment of having such a talented vidder choose this story to work on. notworthy sloppy

And...OMG! What an amazing trailer! I sat there slack-jawed throughout in wonder at how skillfully you'd chosen images to match the story. The bridge, the water, the graveyard, the hospital scenes...absolutely incredible stuff!! And the music is just the perfect capper, providing just the right atmosphere.

I'm stunned. Utterly amazing! The cleverness of it just leaves me in awe. eek

Thank you, Aria! This has just totally made my day! jump

LabRat smile (adding another WOW! for good measure)
Posted By: Capes Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/20/06 02:38 PM
My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when I saw this one. You did an AMAZING job of capturing the essence of this story. And the cuts were incredible.

As you will not be surprised to learn, Caped Fear (and basically anything Labrat's written) is a favourite of mine. The intensity of the whole story was perfectly conveyed in your video, especially with that whole jumping off the bridge part. I don't know how you do it-but I'm in awe smile
Posted By: mmprincess Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/20/06 04:57 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!What a great video for a great story! The clips came thru as fine cliffhangers and the music was just so compelling.
Posted By: BanAnna Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/21/06 12:12 AM
Fabulously edited! This one's going on my noms list for the next Alt-Kerths! Great job, Aria!! thumbsup

~Anna
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/22/06 03:37 AM
WOW, Diane! smile1 It's definitely on my Alt-Kerth list.

Tricia cool
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/24/06 04:23 AM
Echoing others, WOW!!! laugh Superb trailer! smile1 You made a stunning work there! clap clap

Andreia hail
Posted By: Catherine Bruce Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/25/06 11:56 PM
Hot diggety! That's the first trailer I've seen done for a fic.

Now I wanna go read this 'Caped Fear' story.

Awesome trailer, sold me on the story laugh
Posted By: Doranwen Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/26/06 01:44 PM
Wow! What a wonderfully intense trailer! And how you chose just the perfect scenes to convey what you wanted to . . . /me stands in utter amazement at the brilliance of Diane's trailer-making ability.
Posted By: Psychofurball Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 02/28/06 07:07 AM
All I have to say is.....

jawdrop hail hail (you should feel proud, I usually don't bow to anyone. wink )

EXCELLENT JOB!

Rach smile
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 03/05/06 10:12 AM
Thanks for all the feedback smile I'm glad everyone enjoyed it!
Posted By: minimunch3 Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 03/23/06 10:53 AM
After seeing this trailer and everyone's praises on the story I just had to read it. I just finished it. And....WOW! It took awhile, but I finally finished it yesterday. The whole section from the hospital to the bridge had me at the edge of my seat. I couldn't stop reading, which wasn't good since I wasn't able to find a stopping point until about 2 a.m. But it was soooo worth it!

I know this is long overdue feedback on this story, but I wanted to reap my praises on you, LabRat. hail It was wonderful. This is what I like about the trailers. Not only do we get a preview for a new story, but some of you very talented vidders go back to the archives and introduce some of us to incredible stories that we didn't even know about. So thank you Aria!

~Kristen
Posted By: LabRat Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 03/23/06 11:39 AM
Thank you, Kristen - glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback - much appreciated!

sloppy

LabRat smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 06/14/06 12:18 PM
Wow - just watched this trailer. Amazing job! Good work, Diane!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Matrix Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 06/14/06 12:28 PM
Diane! You know how much I love your vids. But I had to comment on this one. I just finally got to watch it, after Anna bumped it up and it made it on the Alt-Kerth nominations. <Still apologizing for not having been around before March of this year...definitely my loss>

Loved it! Awesome! You need to make another one soon! smile1 thumbsup
Posted By: Aria Re: FFT: Caped Fear - 06/30/06 08:34 AM
Thank you everyone for the additional feedback smile I really appreciate it! It really makes my day when I see this is still being viewed smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards